DocBroker WebApplication (dbq) is the basic tool for using DocumentBroker Plus. It is a web based application which does provide a low usability.
- available doctypes are not listed automatically. You need to click add
- once you have selected a doctype this is not stored somewhere. The you reopen the page this setting is gone
- only basic columns are displayed. You need to select a doctype first before you can select columns. Once you reopen the page all columns are gone
- there are three columns displayed: Creation Date, DocTypes and State. These colums are not helpful. You can only display metadata columns. Columns like Job Id, Doc Id, Pages cannot be displayed
- the GUI is not splitted in Jobs and related Documents as it was before. You cannot select all documents related to one Job nor you are able to find them.
The usability in general should be improved as this is THE tool for DocBrokerPlus. Maybe it should be combined with Production Monitor.
Wednesday 20 August, 2014
Complete review and redesign.