Leave feedback
  • Question

Hide blank cells/columns in a row dynamically

Enter a new topic
  • Sreenivas Reddy Sreenivas Reddy
    0 likes 453 views

Hi all,

i have a requirement where i am trying to display the values in a row in 2 columns

Column 1 - Label1 + Label2

Column 2 - Value

So i want to display/hide the columns by checking if there is any data coming in these values . 

i.e,

I have the content of my letter in a single block of table data. depending on the number of columns in which i have data i need to display those many columns. if i have only 1 column of data coming i wanted to display only that column in the row and hide/remove other columns which have "null" or blank data.

Is this possible ? 

Or is there any other approach where we can define different row types to accomodate different number of columns in the same table? 

Your help is appreciated.

thank you,

Sree

Thursday 21 July, 2016
  • Best Answer
    Sreenivas Reddy Sreenivas Reddy
    0 likes
    David Bares wrote

There are two ways.

1) use single column inline table repeated by inline block. That way you can cummulate multiple tables side by side to get a visual effect of a table that grows horizontally.

2) Use a table with predefined number of columns. Then suppress the columns that are not needed. http://streamshare.streamserve.com/Forum/Topic/?topicID=2213

Hi David,

Though i havent tried your approach to check it. i have tried implementing different row types based on my requirement.

i.e, based on the content type, i would route it to the rowtype with a single column or i would route it to a row type with a single column with inbuilt table inside it which has multiple columns again.

thanks

Monday 29 August, 2016
  • David Bares David Bares OpenText Employee Administrator StreamServe Employee
    1 likes

There are two ways.

1) use single column inline table repeated by inline block. That way you can cummulate multiple tables side by side to get a visual effect of a table that grows horizontally.

2) Use a table with predefined number of columns. Then suppress the columns that are not needed. http://streamshare.streamserve.com/Forum/Topic/?topicID=2213

Monday 01 August, 2016
  • Sreenivas Reddy Sreenivas Reddy
    0 likes
    David Bares wrote

There are two ways.

Hi David,

Though i havent tried your approach to check it. i have tried implementing different row types based on my requirement.

i.e, based on the content type, i would route it to the rowtype with a single column or i would route it to a row type with a single column with inbuilt table inside it which has multiple columns again.

thanks

Monday 29 August, 2016