Leave feedback
  • Discussion

SOLVED - Installing Post Processor Repository separatly

Enter a new topic
  • Jesper Werge Jesper Werge StreamServe Employee
    0 likes 1961 views

Hi all,

I would like to install Post Processing Repository on a separated server, but in the installation setup and in the installation guidelines, no meantion about how to do this, I assume that this is possible, as it was in 4.x.

Does any found some tricks or have informaiton about this, please.

Best regards

Jesper

Monday 18 January, 2010
  • Hans Sandblom Hans Sandblom StreamServe Employee
    0 likes

Hi, I put together this mail for another customer and I hope it will help you aswell. Its SP4 based but the same goes for all 5.x. Just replace the version strings.

1. Copy the entire “C:\Program Files\StreamServe\Applications\StreamServer\5.4.0\Common\bin” folder that the Framework install. (I copied all the files to C:\Program Files\StreamServe\Applications\PostProc)
    2. Add the files from a Design Center installation. (Check the picture for files to include)
    3. The .environment file should only have this text in it  “Path=C:\Program Files\StreamServe\Platform\Core\1.3\bin”. Modify the path according to your installation structure.
    4. The poet.cfg should look like this: (mod the path according to your structure, enable the service and set the port if you have a running service)
  • []

# 1024 Client Floating key

license=ZGENP-OEMPG-ECDEL-HJZZZ

[schemata\FO_Dict]

# service = 10016

name=C:\Program Files\StreamServe\Applications\PostProc\FO_dict

1. Open zipfile and modify the reg file with your paths and merge it into the registry.

You should now have a running PostProcQueryEdit similar to the way Design Center set it up.

If you want the server part also just include the ptserver.cfg and edit the paths in it:

defaultDatabasePath=

name=

insert "service = 10016" after the # Server Settings line. This is the port number.

Here is a sample file:

# Global Settings
    []
    # Place all created databases that use alias paths into the server
    # directory. Don't map names if this is on the client side.
    defaultDatabasePath=C:\Program Files\StreamServe\Applications\StreamServer\5.4.0\Common

# Server Settings
    [servers\ptserver]
    service = 10016
    verboseMode = 0

[schemata\FO_Dict]
    name=C:\Program Files\StreamServe\Applications\StreamServer\5.4.0\Common\FO_dict
    [data bases\processingstatistics]
    name=C:\Program Files\StreamServe\Applications\StreamServer\5.4.0\Common\data\reposito ry\processingstatistics

Then create a new service in the registry. Get a tool that can do this or edit the registry manually. Or export the key from your machine and then run it on the target after you have edited the paths in it.

Service name StreamServe Object Store 5.4.0. Path to exe: C:\Program Files\StreamServe\Applications\StreamServer\5.4.0\Common\bin\ptserv32. exe -config "C:\Program Files\StreamServe\Applications\StreamServer\5.4.0\Common\bin\ptserver. cfg"

Then you should have both server part and tool parts installed on a separete machine.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Posted: Monday, December 14, 2009 9:22 AM
    Subject: Installing Post Processor Repository separatly

Hi all,

I would like to install Post Processing Repository on a separated server, but in the installation setup and in the installation guidelines, no meantion about how to do this, I assume that this is possible, as it was in 4.x.

Does any found some tricks or have informaiton about this, please.

Best regards

Jesper

Monday 18 January, 2010
    0 likes

Hi Hans,

Thank you for the guide.

Do you know if this is the supported way of "installing" the Poet separatly at production sites?

/Jesper

Monday 18 January, 2010
    0 likes

I would say its not supported. Since its not tested this way and it is only similar to what we do in the setups.

The option to install this stand-alone as in 4.x was removed to make the setups easier.

If there is a need for an installation package that install only the post processor please add it as a request/suggestion and it will go through the proper decision chanel.

Monday 18 January, 2010
    0 likes

Hi

Thank you for the answer.

Do you know which elements from the current installation is needed to be installed for Postprocessor to work?

/Jesper

Monday 18 January, 2010
    0 likes

You will have to install both Framework and StreamServer.

Monday 18 January, 2010
    0 likes

Hi all,

as the PostProcessor installation in Persuasion is the same as the 4.1.2 SP2 installation, it is possible to use the 4.1.2 SP2 separated installationfiles to achive my goal.

/Jesper

Monday 18 January, 2010
    0 likes

this answer my question... 

Saturday 27 February, 2010