Leave feedback
  • Discussion

Section in dynamic fragment

Enter a new topic
  • Janne Raatikainen Janne Raatikainen StreamServe Employee
    0 likes 2783 views

Hi,

Has anyone tried to use a section from dynamic fragment (SSD)?

If this combination works, it will save my day.

-Janne-

Monday 18 January, 2010
  • Martin Vogel Martin Vogel StreamServe Employee
    0 likes

Hi Janne,

Yes, but:

Section used in a fragment is not published to the Composition Center as a part of your Document Type. It means, that you have to define the section in the StoryTeller using the fragment.

How to define a section in the StoryTeller without using it:

1. Create a new story

2. Define all sections, you would like to use in fragment, in there

3. Do not use the story. It means that story does exist, but is not used. The existence is mandatory for ST to publish sections.

Protect Fragment from using undefined sections:

Implement script function StURIExists (or so) to check if a section is available for the current document type.

I hope it helps,

M.

Monday 18 January, 2010
  • Janne Raatikainen Janne Raatikainen StreamServe Employee
    0 likes

Hi Martin!

I can't thank you enough but thank you anyway! Now I can breath again.

Cheers,

-Janne-

Monday 18 January, 2010
  • Sasidhara Manthena Sasidhara Manthena
    0 likes

Hi Martin,

I also had the same situation. I am able to solve it by using  your approach. But I am not clear of two statements of your email.

Protect Fragment from using undefined sections: (How to do this and use of it? )

Implement script function StURIExists (or so) to check if a section is available for the current document type. (Where this should be done and use of it?)

Another question and an Issue.

In the composition center the resource is selected bases on country(I am passing this as meta data) which is working fine. But , How to supress the page in StoryTeller if there is not resource manitained for a country?

The issue is one of my process is executed automatically evethough select automatically is unchecked. This is the document that I used composition center substituions. 

Hope this is clear. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thursday 24 February, 2011
  • Sasidhara Manthena Sasidhara Manthena
    0 likes

I have one question related to the composition center and Story teller.

I have page in the story teller which has a section, will be filled from composition center. For some countries we don't maintain the text in composition center. In this case the page should be skipped. Is there a way to find at runtime to see if there is a resource in composition center while processing story teller? 

Thank you,

Sasi Manthena

Thursday 10 March, 2011
  • Vay Un Vay Un
    0 likes

We have tried creating the fragment sections in a story and what we're getting is a blank page when we go to add resources in the section.  How is the section in the fragment connected to the sections in the story?

Thanks,

Vay

Monday 20 March, 2017
  • Vay Un Vay Un
    0 likes

My error is due to overflow issue.

Monday 20 March, 2017
  • Tobias Schumann Tobias Schumann
    0 likes

@Van Un
    The sections in the fragment are not connected to the sections in the story. The story with the sections is only created to publish the sections to Composition Center. Like Martin Vogel wrote, the story is not used.
    You want to use your designed fragment to output your section.

Tuesday 21 March, 2017

Latest from the blogs

Read more