Leave feedback
  • Question

Dynamically set values for the X axis in a line chart

Enter a new topic
  • Andrés Cheda Andrés Cheda
    0 likes 734 views

Hi,

I need to show a chart like the attachment. I have problems with the horizontal line, the purple line.

My project is an XML data input, but then not come xml values for the x axis of the horizontal line. In what way I can define values for the x axis so dynamic ?. Would appreciate an example that works if someone has.

Thanks a lot,

Andrés.

Friday 04 December, 2015

Attached files

• Best Answer
    David Bares David Bares OpenText Employee Administrator StreamServe Employee
    1 likes

Here you can see the calcualtion needed to get the logical x positions for the line.

I did not even try to calculate the vertical scaling dynamically, but the horizontal should be dynamic enough for your purpose.

You can also see how I have used the transformation to process your data so that it would look like strs message data.

Wednesday 09 December, 2015

Attached files

• David Bares David Bares OpenText Employee Administrator StreamServe Employee
    0 likes

You know the full length of the X Axis, you defined that in chart plot somewhere.

Then if you know the number of Y values for the line, it should be relatively easy to calculate the offset and step. Then you just need to create an array of X values that you will use with Y values from data to build the line.

Can you share the data for the chart?

Friday 04 December, 2015
    0 likes

Hi,

The data for the chart is attached.

Thank you for the answer.

Monday 07 December, 2015

Attached files

• David Bares David Bares OpenText Employee Administrator StreamServe Employee
    1 likes

Here you can see the calcualtion needed to get the logical x positions for the line.

I did not even try to calculate the vertical scaling dynamically, but the horizontal should be dynamic enough for your purpose.

You can also see how I have used the transformation to process your data so that it would look like strs message data.

Wednesday 09 December, 2015

Attached files

0 likes

Thank you very much for the reply, very kind of you.

Thanks a lot,

Andrés.

Tuesday 15 December, 2015

Latest from the blogs

Read more