Leave feedback
  • Question

How to create secured PDF with embedded font

Enter a new topic
  • loke kk loke kk
    0 likes 843 views

Hi,

I'm using streamserve v5.6.0. I want to create a new project to output a secure PDF with embedded font. 

I can make the secured PDF from the PDF output connector but I dunno how to embed the font into the secured PDF.

Does anyone have work on this before? If have can share the sample for me to refer OR can guide me how to achieve this?

Your help is very appreciating.

Thank you.

Wednesday 11 November, 2015
  • Christofer Lindqvist Christofer Lindqvist StreamServe Employee
    0 likes

Hi,

Have you looked at this page in the help?

http://onlinehelp.streamserve.com/5.6.2/en/wwhelp/wwhimpl/js/html/wwh elp.htm#href=Drivers/Fonts.10.13.html

Its for 5.6.2 but works the same in 5.6.0.

Dont know if there are any difference for secured PDF though, but dont think it should be.

Regards,
    Christofer

Wednesday 11 November, 2015
  • loke kk loke kk
    0 likes

Hi Christofer,

Thanks to reply.

I have tried the help link that you provided, but the font cant embedded into the PDF. When open in other machine the font not loaded.

Attached is my step how I add the FontEmbed into the font substitution table and the result. Does I left out some settings?

Thank you.

Regards,
    Loke KK

Thursday 12 November, 2015

Attached files

0 likes

Hi,

I tested the same thing and it seems to work fine for me (says included in the fontlist of the created pdf). I tested with TTF fonts though.

If you google around embedding OTF fonts to documents you get some articles saying its not possible and to use TTF instead (dont know if that is the case here but interesting though). I have had problems before (several years back) with OTF fonts since they dont work really the same way, and we solved it by getting a TTF version of the font instead.

Example: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/908475

So, if you test to embed TTF fonts you will probably get it to work, and it seems to be general problems with embedding OTF fonts.

Regards,
    Christofer

Thursday 12 November, 2015
  • loke kk loke kk
    0 likes

Hi Christopher,

Yes, you are right. I’ve converted one of my OTF fonts to TTF fonts and the TTF Font can embed into the PDF.

But when I set the “Use encryption” in the Device Driver Settings, the word with the embedded TTF font in the PDF will transparent (cannot see the wording). Why would this happen?

By the way, I have found other way to embed the OTF font. In Device Driver Settings tab, in PDF device, I change the conformance from “PlainPDF” to “PDF/X-3:2003” and it can embed the OTF font and only display well OTF font when “Use encryption” is set. 

Thank you.

Regards,

Loke KK

Monday 16 November, 2015
    0 likes

Hi,

Does your StreamServe log give any errors regarding the TTF font?

Regards,
    Christofer

Monday 16 November, 2015
  • loke kk loke kk
    0 likes

Hi Christofer,

No, the StreamServe log didn't give any errors regarding the TTF font. 

Attached the screenshot with "FontEmbedFull" secured pdf.

Thank you.

Regards,

Loke KK

Tuesday 17 November, 2015

Attached files

0 likes

Sorry, no idea. Think you might need to take that through support.

Regards,
    Christofer

• loke kk loke kk
    0 likes

Ok. Thank you Christofer.

Regards,

Loke KK