Leave feedback
  • Question

StreamServe MQ authentication

Enter a new topic
  • Heikki Jaakkola Heikki Jaakkola
    0 likes 541 views

I'm having a problem with my StreamServe MQ connection. The scenario is following:

I have added all correct queue manager, queue and channel settings. I have created a TCP/IP profile. Queue manager is not located on a same server where StreamServe is. Telnet goes through to the MQ-server so the firewall is not blocking.

When I try to start the StreamServe application 2035 MQRC_NOT_AUTHORIZED. So that means it tries to log in with a wrong username. I have also resolved that the username which it tries to connect the queue is the same username which runs the streamserve application service.

My question is can I set the username and password somewhere? I cannot attach any authentication profile to the TCP/IP profile? Is there some other place?

StreamServe 5.6.2 build 229, Thank you!

Tuesday 29 September, 2015
  • Best Answer
    Heikki Jaakkola Heikki Jaakkola
    2 likes

So I "solved" this the following way. I created a local user to the server with the same username as it is in MQ-server. Then I changed this user to run the StreamServe application that has the MQ Receiver. After that it connected. The password of the user didn't have to be the same as in the MQ-server.

Thank you all for your answers!

Wednesday 14 October, 2015
  • Vyv Lomax Vyv Lomax Administrator
    0 likes

Have you tried the JMS Queue (Legacy) connector?

Wednesday 30 September, 2015
  • Christofer Lindqvist Christofer Lindqvist StreamServe Employee
    0 likes

Hi,

I was involved in an MQ installation several years ago and as i remember it was required to have some clinet installed on the same machine as StreamServe. Dont know the setup around it though so it might be irrelevant.

Do you have a server connection channel that uses TCP defined in WebSphere MQ? Or to use a direct server connection?

Regards,
    Christofer

Wednesday 30 September, 2015
    0 likes

Thank you for the answers.

I have server connection where TCP is defined.

Is there any instructions or documentation how to set up this JMS Queue?

Monday 05 October, 2015
    2 likes

So I "solved" this the following way. I created a local user to the server with the same username as it is in MQ-server. Then I changed this user to run the StreamServe application that has the MQ Receiver. After that it connected. The password of the user didn't have to be the same as in the MQ-server.

Thank you all for your answers!

Wednesday 14 October, 2015

Latest from the blogs