Leave feedback
  • Question

How can I verify that a printer is turned on?

Enter a new topic
  • Andrés Cheda Andrés Cheda
    0 likes 1103 views

Hi, 

How can I verify that a printer is turned on?

I am using StreamServe 5.6.2 version.

Any idea?

Thanks a lot,

Andrés.

Friday 05 June, 2015
  • Best Answer
    Christofer Lindqvist Christofer Lindqvist StreamServe Employee
    1 likes

Hi,

By using VPOM you can control the print environment.

If you're not using VPOM StreamServe will connect to the Windows Spooler and will be finished with the delivery of the document as soon as Windows take control, so then you will not be able to have control of the actual print environment.

Regards,
    Christofer

Friday 05 June, 2015
  • Mukund Sawant Mukund Sawant
    1 likes

Hi ,

You can check the following things to verify printer's status  without using streamserve,

1) Open the browser and enter the ip address of printer(for RAW protocol only) , you will get the Printer's web-gui , from Home page of printer (depends on the manufacturer) you can identify its status,

2) Check if printer is listening on specific port by using , telnet <ip of printer> <port number of printer> . For port of number of printer you can ask to your local IT Team who has configured the printer,.

3) Ping to the printer , it should be pingable.If printer is not pingable that means it is offline.

If you are using any third party tool to manage the printers then there are product specific commands to check printer's status.

Regards,

Mukund

Sunday 07 June, 2015
  • Andr&#233;s Cheda Andrés Cheda
    0 likes

Hi, 

Thanks a lot for the answers. Finally I used the solution provided in this post by David Shih (http://streamshare.streamserve.com/Forum/Topic/?topicID=3764).

Regards,

Andrés.

Monday 08 June, 2015

Latest from the blogs