Leave feedback
  • Question

How to process different code page text in a single XML input file

Enter a new topic
  • Rajkumar Aoutade Rajkumar Aoutade
    1 likes 1023 views

Hi,

How I can show in a single pdf with different code page text. We have a single xml file like

<root>

<lang name="English">

we are friend

</lang>

<lang name="Hindi">

हम दोस्त है

</lang>

<lang name="French">

nous sommes amis

</lang>

<lang name="Chinese">

我们是朋友

</lang>

</root>

Tuesday 07 April, 2015
  • Best Answer
    David Bares David Bares OpenText Employee Administrator StreamServe Employee
    1 likes

With boxes in the output, it can be both encoding or missing character in the font.

Start with making sure that the font contains your characters. Windows Charmap.exe is tool good enough for that task.

Friday 25 September, 2015
  • Enrik Beste Enrik Beste StreamServe Employee
    2 likes

You need to use a character set that support all characters which is unicode here.

Your XML header should show the codepage. e.g. <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    Both XML and PDF are able to handle UNICODE characters. I do not thin

Tuesday 07 April, 2015
    0 likes

But if there are many languages in xml then handling unicode is very difficult. I dont think we need to manage UNICODE characters.

In another way

I tried to create a driver which will support all the language but it seems that in streamserve 562 there is no option to edit or duplicate driver to creatae custom driver.

Wednesday 08 April, 2015
  • David Bares David Bares OpenText Employee Administrator StreamServe Employee
    1 likes

Why should handling many languages in Unicode be a problem? I think the opposite. It would be a problem without using Unicode.

I used your XML to generate this PDF without a least problem.

At the same time I promote an upcoming feature in 5.6.2 CF1 - the file attachment in PDF.

Wednesday 08 April, 2015
    0 likes

And here is the attachment.)

Wednesday 08 April, 2015

Attached files

0 likes

Great

I also tried with encoding and a good news is its working. So it means no need to use any code page if the data is changing at run time. If I only add encoding tag in input file then I think its enough to generate diffrerent lanugange pdf.

If that is the case then why we need code page, instead of that I will add only one universal code page.

Please correct me.

Wednesday 08 April, 2015
    0 likes

You do not need a codepage for PDF.

Otherwise you need codepages if you are supposed to process non-unicode text data.

Or if you are generating text output.

Wednesday 08 April, 2015
  • Tejaswini M Tejaswini M
    0 likes

Hi,

I am facing similar issue while using XMLIN with PDF Output.

The StoryTeller Preview shows UNICODE Character correctly, but the sample data on story teller and the pdf Output shows Box/character. Any hint where the problem could be.

As Suggested in other blog i have Removed Code settings from input and output connectors.

Code -UTF8  Font Courier New

Appreciate Expert Advice!

Regards,

Vishwas

Thursday 24 September, 2015
    1 likes

With boxes in the output, it can be both encoding or missing character in the font.

Start with making sure that the font contains your characters. Windows Charmap.exe is tool good enough for that task.

Friday 25 September, 2015
  • Tejaswini M Tejaswini M
    0 likes

Thanks David...  it was actually missing font issue.

Later i referred 

http://streamshare.streamserve.com/Articles/Article/?articleId=465

Wednesday 30 September, 2015