Leave feedback
  • Question

Missing output files

Enter a new topic
  • Aristar Borg Aristar Borg
    0 likes 1345 views

Hi all

I have an issue in my projects as follows. I put in as input a number of XMLs say c. 400. They are all processed correctly i.e. they disappear from the input directory and no errors are given in the log but not all of the PDFs are created. Then, when a new batch of XMLs are processed, the missing PDFs are produced together with the new batch of PDFs. Seems like they are being flushed from the buffer upon processing of later files.

How can I fix this please?

Thank you

Aristar

Friday 09 January, 2015
  • Best Answer
    Nick Meuter Nick Meuter
    1 likes

Are you using queues? If yes, select scheduled spooling on 2 seconds for the queue.

Friday 09 January, 2015
    0 likes

Hi Nick

thanks for the suggestion. Just to be clear for anyone who encounters this issue. I applied that 2 second spool interval on the output queue only and it did NOT solve the problem. Then I did it on the input queue and it worked just fine :)

thanks again Nick

Best regards

Aristar

Monday 12 January, 2015
  • Nick Meuter Nick Meuter
    1 likes

Problem is that the query for reading the queue is executed before the file is in the queue. If you put it to 2 seconds, streamserve checks the queue every 2 seconds. You can see that if you put debug mode on. In 5.6.1 somewhere that is fixed.

Monday 12 January, 2015
    0 likes

Hi Nick

I am afraid that it is not working again. Upon further tests of thousands of XMLs, not even 1 PDF was output. Then upon restarting the projects, all the PDFs are output.

What can I do please?

thanks

Aristar

Monday 12 January, 2015
    0 likes

How is your setup? Are you having multiple applications which use same platform?

Monday 12 January, 2015
    0 likes

Yes that is my setup. I am attaching a couple of screenshots to be sure. All applications are identical but a config file directs what the application does. (online, printing, testing, etc)

thanks

Aristar

Monday 12 January, 2015
    0 likes

Aristar, it's not good to have multiple applications which have the same platform. Because all applications are using the same queue. So everything goes through same pipeline.

You could try to change the threads from 1 to 10 for example.

Monday 12 January, 2015
    0 likes

Nick,

I increased the no of threads from 1 to 10 as shown. Still did not work. No PDFs at all are output now not like before where only a few were not output. Then if I restart, all are produced.

thanks

Aristar

Monday 12 January, 2015
    0 likes

Check your Database Administration Tool, are the jobs staying in the Queue of Input ?

What is the status of the jobs?

Monday 12 January, 2015
    0 likes

I am in the process of delving into Database Administration Tool and deciphering how it should help me :)

In the meantime, I ran a few quick tests where I removed scheduling entirely but left 10 threads in input queue and 10 threads in output queue and the problem seems to have been solved. At least it has not cropped up yet i.e. all PDFs are being created and all the input XMLs as input create the same no of PDFs in the output folder. We are still going to apply the hotfix to upgrade to 5.6.1 from 5.6.0.

Tuesday 13 January, 2015
Next

Latest from the blogs

Read more