Leave feedback
  • Question

RuleService: Failed to acquire rule from resource

Enter a new topic
  • Christofer Lindqvist Christofer Lindqvist StreamServe Employee
    0 likes 1019 views

Hi,

Running 5.6.1 build 136.

I get an error when running one of my document definitions.

0219 121556 (0000) 4 Non Cached resource: typeID = , ID = 83ed68d5-41fc-e5ff-0142-4c94304b01d3
    0219 121556 (0240) 1 RuleService: Failed to acquire rule from resource: 83ed68d5-41fc-e5ff-0142-4c94304b01d3

Its an exposed story but i dont have any rules on it. All other stories, texts etc on the definition works fine.

Any idea on what can be wrong?

Regards,
    Christofer

Wednesday 19 February, 2014
  • Best Answer
    Christofer Lindqvist Christofer Lindqvist StreamServe Employee
    0 likes

Hi,

Tried with the enviornment variable set.

In the CCDocDef xml i see the story being used and it has an id, it doesnt have a ruleid set though. It doesnt really create anything else that seems relevant either since all other files are created for global resources created in CC, not exposed stories.

Though,
    I had contact with support and they had a similar error in 5.6.1 GA which is fixed in build 227. I tried it, unpublished the document defintion and republished it and then it works.

Since i dont want to install a hotfix at the time i tried another thing. To unpublish, delete, create a new document definition with the same setup as original and then publishing it. That worked as well.

Though i always want to understand why the error occured to prevent things like that in the future :).

Regards.
    Christofer

Thursday 20 February, 2014
  • David Bares David Bares OpenText Employee Administrator StreamServe Employee
    0 likes

You can try to start the server with env variable STRS_DBG_DUMP_DIR=compc_dump_dir

The directory has to exist before the server is started.

Then you can look into the document defintion XML and see where the IDs are used.

But make sure you undefine the env variable after you are done with testing. Perhaps you can start the server from batch file that sets the variable first.

• Christofer Lindqvist Christofer Lindqvist StreamServe Employee
    0 likes

Hi,

Tried with the enviornment variable set.

In the CCDocDef xml i see the story being used and it has an id, it doesnt have a ruleid set though. It doesnt really create anything else that seems relevant either since all other files are created for global resources created in CC, not exposed stories.

Though,
    I had contact with support and they had a similar error in 5.6.1 GA which is fixed in build 227. I tried it, unpublished the document defintion and republished it and then it works.

Since i dont want to install a hotfix at the time i tried another thing. To unpublish, delete, create a new document definition with the same setup as original and then publishing it. That worked as well.

Though i always want to understand why the error occured to prevent things like that in the future :).

Regards.
    Christofer