Leave feedback
  • Discussion

SPAM

Enter a new topic
  • Vyv Lomax Vyv Lomax Administrator
    0 likes 1734 views

Hi there - there is an annoying amout of spam entering the community and there needs to be some form of block for this. The funny thing is that the spammers are obviously not aware of how funny their posts are. Anyway:

Should members be approved before granting access?

Can we build an automatic job to clean up posts with certain entries?

Please discuss and act.

Vyv

Tuesday 07 January, 2014
  • Andreas Hjelle Andreas Hjelle
    0 likes

Hi,

I would prefer that you take appropriate actions to reduce these kind of posts. I have no use of reading about DVD ripping J One of the major issues with this is that real posts are missed due to the amount of spam. Members should be approved. As far as I can see there are variants of the same member names that posts this nonsense.

When I see inappropriate content in posts I report it. I encourage other members to do so as well.

andreas

Tuesday 07 January, 2014
  • Lars Jansson Lars Jansson StreamServe Employee
    2 likes

Hi.

To reduce the amount of spam we have added a Captcha verification before posting to the forum. Hopefully this will reduce the amount of spam

Tuesday 11 February, 2014
  • Vyv Lomax Vyv Lomax Administrator
    1 likes

It is not reducing the amount of spam. Please create a member/email block function instead.

Or have an automatic delete job for anything reported as spam.

Saturday 22 February, 2014
  • Andreas Hjelle Andreas Hjelle
    1 likes

Hi,

I agree with Vyv.

The amount of spam has not been reduced. The the captcha is only making it harder for the users...

Regards,

andreas

Tuesday 13 May, 2014

Latest from the blogs

Read more