Leave feedback
  • Question

Scripting in syncronous DocBroker

Enter a new topic
  • Christofer Lindqvist Christofer Lindqvist StreamServe Employee
    0 likes 1099 views

Hi,

What is needed to be able to use the syncronous DocBroker (runtime settings in the layout job) to add OMR etc? When using a post processing step you can do anything, but in this case we dont have that and want to add information in the runtime instead.

I cant seem to get scripts to work there (or anything else, like sheet layouts etc). I have the possibility to add a script but it will not show in the log.

I feel like im missing something but i dont know what. DocBroker is enabled on job, mailmachine is added on job end. What else do i need to do?

Regards,
    Christofer

Thursday 10 October, 2013
  • Best Answer
    David Bares David Bares OpenText Employee Administrator StreamServe Employee
    0 likes

Just a tiny littly remark.

64bit installation of StreamServe (5.6.0, 5.6.1) does not perform the synchronous DocBroker. This is because FastObjects (legacy repository for document broker) are not supported in 64 bit.

Synchronous document broker(+) is not (yet?) implemented on SQL or other (file) repository. It is so understood that full (asynchronous) PostProcessor can always be used instead.

Tuesday 22 October, 2013
  • Martin Vogel Martin Vogel StreamServe Employee
    0 likes

Hi Christofer,

this kind of document broker is limited comparing to Post Processor. You cannot set up any finishing option from runtime scripts, that is too late. All finishing options must be set up using stored variables defined during the process time. I am not sure why logs are not visible, but it might be due to non standard processing.

Enabling Post Processing and definition of an envelopingmachine should start the Broker, you can see some additional logs in the log file.

Best regards,

Martin

Tuesday 22 October, 2013
  • David Bares David Bares OpenText Employee Administrator StreamServe Employee
    0 likes

Just a tiny littly remark.

64bit installation of StreamServe (5.6.0, 5.6.1) does not perform the synchronous DocBroker. This is because FastObjects (legacy repository for document broker) are not supported in 64 bit.

Synchronous document broker(+) is not (yet?) implemented on SQL or other (file) repository. It is so understood that full (asynchronous) PostProcessor can always be used instead.

Tuesday 22 October, 2013
    0 likes

Ah. Of course.

Thanks David.

/Christofer

Wednesday 23 October, 2013
    0 likes

Ah. Of course.

Thanks David.

/Christofer