Leave feedback
  • Question

Support PDF format for overlays - looking for samples

Enter a new topic
  • David Bares David Bares OpenText Employee Administrator StreamServe Employee
    3 likes 2608 views

Dear community,

based on popularity of this logged Idea I would like to ask if there are members willing to share  couple of samples of PDF documents expected to be loaded directly.

Both single-page overlays and multi-page documents are welcome.

Just please make sure that samples do not contain any content that you do not wish to go public.

The purpose of my query is to get reasonably rich set of documents expected for this requirement.

The benefit for you would be some upfront analysis of your assets.

thanks, David

Monday 27 May, 2013
  • Best Answer
    Andreas Hjelle Andreas Hjelle
    0 likes

This is a very good initiative.

Included are one very comon attachment to customer deliveries in Norway (stating hte right to return the goods).

Regards,

andreas

Tuesday 28 May, 2013

Attached files

• Vyv Lomax Vyv Lomax Administrator
    0 likes

Excellent. Some sources off the top of my head include:

1. Scanning software such as ReadSoft input
    2. OpenOffice / LibreOffice - very popular within Education sector
    3. AutoCAD
    4. Anything with 1.6 too - such as our own documentation
    I will see what I can find. Do you want the files sent directly to you or posted here on the thread?
    Monday 27 May, 2013
    0 likes

I had "posted here" in mind, so that others could see what is already expected and could discus it, but if you are not comfortable with it of course "directly" is much better than nothing.

Thanks, David

Monday 27 May, 2013
  • Andreas Hjelle Andreas Hjelle
    0 likes

This is a very good initiative.

Included are one very comon attachment to customer deliveries in Norway (stating hte right to return the goods).

Regards,

andreas

Tuesday 28 May, 2013

Attached files

0 likes

Thank you Andreas,

Your answer was marked as best I don't even know how. Probably because you deserved it as first one to submit something.

Interesting question: is it expected that customer will receive the interactive version with all the active fields? How would that the processed then?

Or is it ok to just append it at the end as you can see in the attached generated document?

I hope it would not be the last sample I receive from the community.

Tuesday 28 May, 2013

Attached files

• Andreas Hjelle Andreas Hjelle
    0 likes

Hi David,

Appended in the end will often do.

In the example I submitted I think it should be possible for the end user to fill in the form and print it or save it and return it.

I too hope that this is not the best answer!

Tuesday 28 May, 2013
  • Martin Hale Martin Hale
    0 likes

While I don't have any specific documents to offer the most significant scenario I've had which hopefully would be addressed by this feature is for supporting information on invoices. The supporting information would typically be a PDF of about any format but would often be a mix of orientations and content (some pages as scanned images, any font / codepage etc). Being able to attach these documents as they are with dynamic access to specific pages would be great. Effectivcely it would replace the method of using PDFIN/PreformatIN/dynamic overlay on PageOUT/ST but with accurate use of the embedded fonts and images. I've got a few projects in embryonic stage at the moment that would find such a feature massively useful (invoice supporting information, marketing leaflet appends, product leaflets etc).

I guess that reads more as a 'I want everything' type answer - sorry about that ;-) (is there a 'worst answer' option on this forum?)

Tuesday 28 May, 2013
    0 likes

This information is of course useful, but the point here is to collect the PDFs demonstrating the requirements. What you write above, like mixing the orientations, would be great to capture. I already have a project that waits for attachments with "supporting information". Just that so far I only have one. :)

Tuesday 28 May, 2013
    0 likes

Sorry. Unfortunately the only samples I can fins so far are client data and contain sensitive financial info. If I can find some dummy data versions I'll ping them over.

Tuesday 28 May, 2013
    0 likes

Sorry. Unfortunately the only samples I can fins so far are client data and contain sensitive financial info. If I can find some dummy data versions I'll ping them over.

Tuesday 28 May, 2013
    0 likes

I've just sent you some samples direct (customer data so not for general view unfortunately). They cover three situations we had trouble with last year:

1 - Adobe generated font names (random names to avoid clashes with registered Windows font names)

2 - Differing size of pages in the same document (needed preserving)

3 - Colour scans forming the entire document (ie, no text content for PreformatIN match - probably not an issue for this feature

4 - Text orientation (standard text content but included upside down)

Wednesday 29 May, 2013
Next