Leave feedback
  • Question

Repository Server Database Upgradation

Enter a new topic
  • Satish G Satish G
    0 likes 1276 views

Hello Guys,

Currently we are using SQL2005 database for Enterprise Repository. Now We are going to upgrade to SQL2008 or SQL2011.

Waht kind of changes we required in Stream Server Control Center or anywhere else in the Stream Serve.....

Please help me on this.

Friday 10 May, 2013
  • David Shih David Shih StreamServe Employee
    0 likes

What version.build of StreamServe are you running?

Friday 10 May, 2013
  • Satish G Satish G
    0 likes

I am using Stream Serve Persuasion SP3 Rev A

Thanks

Friday 10 May, 2013
  • Satish G Satish G
    0 likes

Version 5.3.0 build 182

Friday 10 May, 2013
  • Satish G Satish G
    0 likes

guys help me on this

thanks in advance....

Friday 10 May, 2013
  • David Shih David Shih StreamServe Employee
    0 likes

StreamServe 5.3 does not support SQL 2008. If you must upgrade your database repositories, the supported route would be to upgrade to a newer version of StreamServe, and do a database migration.

Unofficially, however, the Enterprise Repository is such a simple database schema, that it would probably work. Note that this is completely unsupported. Download the latest version of the StreamServe Database Administration Tool (DBAT) that ships with Strs 5.6. Launch it, and log into the StrsSER database with the appropriate credentials (StrsSERAccess, or StrsMGWaccess). Export the contents of the Enterprise Repository to a .zip file. Follow the Strs 5.3 Installation Guide instructions on exporting the StrsSER database scripts, and running them manually using sqlcmd.exe against your SQL 2008 repository. (Control Center does a version check on the SQL Server, so you want to run the scripts by hand.) Launch DBAT, pointing to the new database, then Import from your .zip file. Go back and edit the mgwconnections.xml file to point to your new database server.

Monday 13 May, 2013