Leave feedback
  • Question

Retrieve documents in Releasing state from DocBroker+

Enter a new topic
  • Christofer Lindqvist Christofer Lindqvist StreamServe Employee
    0 likes 10765 views

Hi,

If a job crashes in post processing state the documents will be stuck in Releasing state when using DocBroker+.

How can i change the state of these documents to Stored or Processed so i can retrieve them again without running the whole job from scratch?

Do i need to change the status or can i create a PPQ that will retrieve Releasing documents?

Does it work with GMI tags when its not a metadata that is manually created? If so, what would the syntax be for that PPQ?

Regards,
    Christofer

Wednesday 20 March, 2013
  • Best Answer
    David Shih David Shih StreamServe Employee
    1 likes

DocBrokerPlus documents can only be released if they are in a "Released" or "Waiting" state. You cannot release a document that is currently in a "Releasing" state.

With Oracle, the storages for DocBrokerPlus are tables with names like cxPOST_00000001, cxPOST_00000001... whereas on SQL Server, the storages are tables with names like cxPOST_MyDocTypeName, cxPOST_Statements...

ProcessingState values for Document Abstraction:

• 0 - Releasing
    • 1 - Waiting
    • 2 - Submitted (not applicable to DocBrokerPlus)
    • 3 - Approved (not applicable to DocBrokerPlus)
    • 4 - Rejected  (not applicable to DocBrokerPlus)
    • 5 - Released
    • ...anything else - Unknown

While technically UNSUPPORTED, the following SQL statement should will work on MS SQL Server for a DocType called Statements, with Strs 5.5 EP1. It will reset *all* documents to be in a "Waiting" state. With other versions of Strs, it may break. Test, test, test.

UPDATE cxPOST_Statements
    SET ProcessingState=1
    ;

You probably want to add a WHERE clause to the SQL, e.g.

--documents newer than 2 days
    WHERE CreationTime > ( getutcdate() - 2)

or by some metadata values.

Wednesday 20 March, 2013
  • David Shih David Shih StreamServe Employee
    0 likes

Are you running on Oracle or SQL server? The ProcessingState is the same, but the cxPOST table name differs.

Wednesday 20 March, 2013
  • David Shih David Shih StreamServe Employee
    1 likes

DocBrokerPlus documents can only be released if they are in a "Released" or "Waiting" state. You cannot release a document that is currently in a "Releasing" state.

With Oracle, the storages for DocBrokerPlus are tables with names like cxPOST_00000001, cxPOST_00000001... whereas on SQL Server, the storages are tables with names like cxPOST_MyDocTypeName, cxPOST_Statements...

ProcessingState values for Document Abstraction:

• 0 - Releasing
    • 1 - Waiting
    • 2 - Submitted (not applicable to DocBrokerPlus)
    • 3 - Approved (not applicable to DocBrokerPlus)
    • 4 - Rejected  (not applicable to DocBrokerPlus)
    • 5 - Released
    • ...anything else - Unknown

While technically UNSUPPORTED, the following SQL statement should will work on MS SQL Server for a DocType called Statements, with Strs 5.5 EP1. It will reset *all* documents to be in a "Waiting" state. With other versions of Strs, it may break. Test, test, test.

UPDATE cxPOST_Statements
    SET ProcessingState=1
    ;

You probably want to add a WHERE clause to the SQL, e.g.

--documents newer than 2 days
    WHERE CreationTime > ( getutcdate() - 2)

or by some metadata values.

Wednesday 20 March, 2013
  • Christofer Lindqvist Christofer Lindqvist StreamServe Employee
    0 likes

Thanks David,

First, in my case its SQL that is used.

That pretty much answers my question, though i was hoping it could be done more "natively" within DB+ or with a PPQ, mostly because of the "UNSUPPORTED" part.

Do you know if there is a plan to include this kind of functionality? To be able to, in a better and more controlled way, alter data? Either in DBAT or via some webservice functionality?

Regards,
    Christofer

Wednesday 20 March, 2013

Latest from the blogs