Leave feedback
  • Question

HTML Preview in CC not showing images.

Enter a new topic
  • Vyv Lomax Vyv Lomax Administrator
    0 likes 1517 views

Hi there,

I have a simple StoryTeller project configuration that is CC enabled. The output i unpaginated HTML.

In CC I can see all images in the preview when using the default preview connector (PDF), but when I remove this (to preview in HTML) I cannot see the images.

In the log I get this for the 2 images I have uploaded into CC: 

ObjectCache: Cached object not found: /StreamServer/CorrMan/strs://8a12e29a-3d49-43d5-013d-62f0ba2401ba.

I have looked at the driver settings and can see that there is a Linked Images field that can receive a regular expression. I have tried a few with ^http: and another ^/StreamServer but no success. I do not know if this is actually the issue but a good bet.

Can anyone help out?

Wednesday 13 March, 2013
  • Best Answer
    Vyv Lomax Vyv Lomax Administrator
    0 likes

OK - there is apparently an issue with this - so we may have to wait for 5.6.1.

As a work around I shall use PDF - which is decent because we are testing PCL and PDF and Text and HTML. It will be a common format for all output.

Tuesday 02 April, 2013
  • Martin Hale Martin Hale
    0 likes

This may be totally unrelated but I often find random behaviour for Preview (Composition Centre and StoryTeller) when I'm delivering training. Sometimes I get the full preview correctly, sometimes it doesn't work at all and sometimes bits (normally images) are missing. The prime reason for this is due to running the standard 5.5 training vm on a host machine with low resources (if the host only has 2Gb then the vm can't get the memory allocation of 2Gb that it needs and I get the random behaviours).

All I can think of for now.

Wednesday 13 March, 2013
    0 likes

I just switched over to Tomcat7 with 64 bit JRE and 2GB ram on startup. Which is very nice thank you.

I get the same error with HTML driver but not the PDF (standard preview output connector). So same as before.

Thanks for the tip.

Wednesday 13 March, 2013
  • Martin Hale Martin Hale
    0 likes

It is starting to sound like the StreamStudio etc improvements still have some teething problems. The issue you and Tim had the other week with templates not appearing in CompCtr have appeared for me since as well (restart of Tomcat cured mine) but it does suggest some instabilities have been introduced. Some caution needed with 5.6 implementations I think.

Wednesday 13 March, 2013
    0 likes

OK - there is apparently an issue with this - so we may have to wait for 5.6.1.

As a work around I shall use PDF - which is decent because we are testing PCL and PDF and Text and HTML. It will be a common format for all output.

Tuesday 02 April, 2013