Leave feedback
  • Question

Excel file (with extension .xlsx) open error [Created using XMLOUT and zipped using winrar utility using execute function]

Enter a new topic
  • SWETALINA MISHRA SWETALINA MISHRA
    0 likes 3177 views

Hello,

I have created a streamserve application to generate Excel output (.xlsx) using XMLOUT as follows:

1> I have unzipped the output .xlsx file doc and prepared the XMLOUT for each of the XML files generated after extraction.

2> I have created templates using the above extracted XML files and mapped with each XMLOUT by setting the run time output file path as structured in the unzipped folder of the xlsx.

3> 25 XMLOUT processes have been used for the above step. Can anybody let me know whether any other alternative is there for generating the same folder structure as extracted from xlsx. I'm worrying about the perfornance as well as its maintenance.

4> I have put the commands to zip the output files generated and rename the file with .xlsx (inside execute function in Job After script).

5> Though the complete folder structure is getting generated with the .xlsx file in the configured output path, but I'm unable to open the file; getting error as "Excel found unreadable content in <file>.Do you want to recover the contents of this workbook?If you trust the source of this workbook,click Yes."After clicking Yes, the message "The Workbook can't be opened/repaired by Microsoft Excel because it is corrupt" getting displayed and the file isn't opened.

Need help on this. If anybody has earlier faced this problem or have successfully generated the excel sheet, please help me out on this.

Note - When I zip the xlsx file using winrar GUI outside streamserve, I'm able to open the file with good formatting, but with the error in sharedString.xml file and the excel isn't able to display all the cell data.

But while trying to execute from the command line to zip or using streamserve execute function, I'm not able to open the file though the folder structure is getting generated properly.

I have used the following commands from command line/execute function

i) zip C:\TEST\OUT\TMP\CBS.zip C:\TEST\OUT\TMP\*.*

OR

ii) SET WINRAR="C:\Program Files\WinRAR"
    %WINRAR%\WinRAR.exe a -afzip "C:\TEST\OUT\CBS.zip" ""C:\TEST\OUT\TMP\*"

Tried with different options with different compression level using m[0,..5], but getting the same error.

Can somebody help me to figure the command to be used for zipping if already have done earlier?

or any other alternative?

Thanks & Regards,

Swetalina Mishra

Wednesday 06 March, 2013
  • Andreas Hjelle Andreas Hjelle
    1 likes

Hi,

When I create excel like this I only change the files needed. For instance sheet1.xml and table.xml.

I already have the desired folder structure as a template. At runtime I copy the template to a temp area. Then substitutes the files with the ones created with the StrS processes. Compress and rename.

Both xml and excel requires complete strictness. No slack. So everything has to be correct for it to work.

One day when I got time and some encouragement I'll write an article on the subject.

Good luck.

andreas

Wednesday 06 March, 2013
  • SWETALINA MISHRA SWETALINA MISHRA
    0 likes

Hi Andreas,

Thanks for your reply and guidiance. Probably I'll be able to minimize the XMLOUT processes by this.

For this, I would like to know whether you simply keep the desired folder structure and copy the whole folder structure during runtime or how do you create template with this in streamserve. I'll need little guidance on this.

Also how do you compress and rename the output folder, through strs scripting or explicitly? If through scripting, can you specify the command  you use for the same?

I had tried to compress and rename using the commands, 

zip C:\TEST\OUT\TMP\CBS.zip C:\TEST\OUT\TMP\*

or SET WINRAR="C:\Program Files\WinRAR"
    %WINRAR%\WinRAR.exe a -afzip "C:\TEST\OUT\CBS.zip" ""C:\TEST\OUT\TMP\*"

But neither is workinng;

Though the file is getting created with appropriate icon and extension,I'm getting the file open error as I had mentioned in my earlier post.

But when I try with the winrar GUI utility directly (not from command line), the file is getting generated correctly and can be opened without any error.

Appreciate your help on this.

Thanks & Regards,

Swetalina Mishra

Thursday 07 March, 2013
  • julia lloyds julia lloyds
    0 likes

Excel File Repair Tool has the ability to resolve any sort of issue that arises in Excel file. It can fix all your problem related to your corrupted excel file and restore a new healthy file. It can also capable to other important objects like charts, formatting, images, hyperlinks, graphs, and indentation and so on. It is completely safe as it recover your data without any lost.

Tuesday 03 March, 2015
  • alexs butler alexs butler
    0 likes

For instantly repair your corrupted or damaged Excel file, you should use Kernel for Excel Repair tool. This application repairs corrupted or damaged Excel files without affecting in original format of Excel files. For more information visit here : http://www.recovery.excelrepair.org

Thursday 08 October, 2015
  • Peter Martens Peter Martens StreamServe Employee
    0 likes

Hi, 

One thing that I have seen go wrong in these kind of scenarios is that the root directry was included in the zip file, so make sure you only zip the contents and not the root directory itself of your directory structure. 

The other thing to keep in mind is to make sure that all files are done before compressing the structure. I normally use a seperate output job which I trigger with an simple XMLOut with only the filename and some other metadata. Or I use the java notification for a delivered job. 

Regards,
    Peter

Thursday 08 October, 2015
  • jeremys castongs jeremys castongs
    0 likes

MS Excel file can get corrupted due to any internal and external error and can be fixed by only applying any third party Excel File Recovery Tool software which can easily fix any kinds of error and corruption use any repair tool to fix your problem instantly.

Read more- http://www.recoverydeletedfiles.com/excel-file-recovery-tool.html

Friday 30 October, 2015
  • Douglas Walker Douglas Walker
    0 likes

You can enjoy simple user experience with this Excel Recovery Tool that can bring back in Excel file without any issue. It can recover all the objects without any kind of issue with layout, formatting and other properties. It is capable to recover back formatting of charts, charts defined by user, worksheet properties, rules, numbers, formulas, shared formulas, texts, etc. With this tool, you are rest assured with complete safety of your Excel data.

To know more details about this software form here:  http://www.softmagnat.com/excel-recovery.html

Thursday 21 July, 2016
  • Alice  Jolly Alice Jolly
    0 likes

If you are looking for a tool that can fix all the errors you may come across while using excel file then, I my opinion, you can make use of Excel Repair Tool. This tool has the ability to fix any kind of error that you may face while working on excel file. You can try this tool and make your excel a healthier one. 

Wednesday 22 March, 2017