Leave feedback
  • Question

Move SP5 database

Enter a new topic
  • Zanko Bozinov Zanko Bozinov Partner
    0 likes 1781 views

Hi

We are going to move StreamServe Persuasion SP5 SQL databases to another SQL server and I have used the following topic to do everything we need:

http://streamshare.streamserve.com/Forum/Topic/?topicID=1758

I have problem with steps 10, 11 and 12.

Has the strsTerritoriesUsers.sql name changed in SP5?

I can find mgwconnections.xml but I can’t find the <hoststring> tag in this file.

Do I have to change the <hoststring> in some other file?

Thanks! 

Path to the file:

C:\Program Files (x86)\StreamServe\Applications\Management\5.5.0\mgwconnections.xml

Here is one part of the file:

<vendors>

<vendor>

<options>

<connectionstring>DRIVER=SQL Server;DATABASE=%dbname%;SERVER=%host%;UID=%user%;PWD=%password%</connectionstring>

</options>

</vendor>

<vendor>

<options>

<connectionstring>DRIVER=StreamServe DataDirect 6.0 SQL Server Wire Protocol;Address=%host%, %port%;DATABASE=%dbname%;SERVER=%host%;UID=%user%;PWD=%password%</connectionstring>

</options>

</vendor>

<vendor>

<options>

<connectionstring>DRIVER=StreamServe DataDirect 6.0 Oracle Wire Protocol;HOST=%host%;PORT=%port%;ServiceName=%servicename%;UID=%user%;PWD=%password%;ServerType=2;AUT=1;EDP=1;PRR=1;ENS=1;ESC=0;UseCurrentSchema=1;Loc kTimeOut=-1;CachedDescLimit=0;CachedCursorLimit=50;CatalogIncludesSynonyms=1;ArraySize=16000;CatalogOptions=0;DefaultLongDataBuffLen=25600;EnableStati cCursorsForLongData=1</connectionstring>

</options>

</vendor>

<vendor>

<options>

<connectionstring>DRIVER=StreamServe DataDirect 6.1 DB2 Wire Protocol;IP=%host%;PORT=%port%;DB=%dbname%;DBAlias=%dbname%;UID=%user%;PWD=%password%;AUT=1</connectionstring>

</options>

</vendor>

</vendors>

Monday 28 January, 2013
  • Christofer Lindqvist Christofer Lindqvist StreamServe Employee
    0 likes

Hi,

Did you solve this?

You should be able to extract scripts from Control Center, so you would have all scripts to create the users where you extract these.

For the mgwconnections i dont thing that is necessary anymore. This is done when connecting to a SER database for the site in Control Center.

Regards,
    Christofer

Monday 04 February, 2013