Leave feedback
  • Question

Jobs printing in wrong order

Enter a new topic
  • Christofer Lindqvist Christofer Lindqvist StreamServe Employee
    0 likes 2019 views

Hi,

I have a question regarding print jobs that are printing in the wrong order on a Zebra labelprinter.

The StreamServe logs look fine, showing job 1, 2 and 3 in correct order but the output is printed as 1, 3, 2.

There are no queues set on in- or outconnectors and we are using TCP/IP as outconnector.

Anyone have any idea on what might be the problem, feels like it StreamServe processes the jobs in correct order and send them directly to the IP of the printer, so they should be in correct order on the printer as well, or am i missing something?

Running SP5 EP1.

Regards,
    Christofer

Thursday 03 January, 2013
  • Best Answer
    Enrik Beste Enrik Beste StreamServe Employee
    1 likes

This is how it is designed in Persuasion. As Vyv mentioned you need either to use output mode job or you can use the -sync parameter. But this reduces performances dramatically...

From suport ..

"The "-sync" startup argument synchronizes output jobs with the input processing. The status of the output job is propagated back to the processing job. It's necessary to use this argument in projects for which the order of output jobs is important. With this argument your application won't start to process the next input file until it finishes to process the previous one.

The con's is that this argument can reduce performance of the server."

• Vyv Lomax Vyv Lomax Administrator
    0 likes

I have had this problem before too. The only resolve was to place them in a job and then send the whole job.

Do you have queueing on the output connector?

Simple answers I know but worth mentioning.

Vyv

0 likes

No queues set up at all right now, but would that change something?

No ideas on what the reason for this might be? Is the problem in the printer or StreamServe? Before the upgrade to Persuasion we didnt have this problem.

• Enrik Beste Enrik Beste StreamServe Employee
    1 likes

This is how it is designed in Persuasion. As Vyv mentioned you need either to use output mode job or you can use the -sync parameter. But this reduces performances dramatically...

From suport ..

"The "-sync" startup argument synchronizes output jobs with the input processing. The status of the output job is propagated back to the processing job. It's necessary to use this argument in projects for which the order of output jobs is important. With this argument your application won't start to process the next input file until it finishes to process the previous one.

The con's is that this argument can reduce performance of the server."

• Vyv Lomax Vyv Lomax Administrator
    0 likes

So... what is happening.... is it like this?

4.X:

LABEL_1 > STRS JOB_1 > PRINTER > LABEL_1
    LABEL_2 > STRS JOB_2 > PRINTER > LABEL_2
    LABEL_3 > STRS JOB_3 > PRINTER > LABEL_3

Persusaion 5.X:

LABEL_1 > STRS JOB_1 > PRINTER > LABEL_1
    LABEL_2 > STRS JOB_2 > PRINTER > LABEL_3
    LABEL_3 > STRS JOB_3 > PRINTER > LABEL_2

And this is without any queues at all?

What happens when you test with queues on input and output?

Friday 04 January, 2013
    0 likes

I will try the -sync argument and see if that solves anything.

Vyv, yes, exactly like that, without queues. I will add queues as well as to see what happens.

Friday 04 January, 2013
  • Enrik Beste Enrik Beste StreamServe Employee
    0 likes

-sync runs it in single threaded mode even if you configure it multithreaded

Friday 04 January, 2013
  • YOHANN PICHARDIE YOHANN PICHARDIE
    0 likes

Hello,

We had the same issue when we started the project. Use -sync corrected the situation.

But we have several problems today, may be performance issues. Sometime, the application take 2 files input and then... service does not respond until we kill it. Impossible to stop it correctly, but a hard kill to resolve :-\

Support team work on it, and I'll update this topic if we found something.

Regards,

Yohann

Thursday 26 September, 2013