Leave feedback
  • Question

Embedding EPS Graphics in StoryTeller

Enter a new topic
  • Dennis Staiger Dennis Staiger
    0 likes 1531 views

How can I add EPS graphics to StoryTeller templates?

When trying to embed an EPS file in StoryTeller via Insert -> Image, I can select an EPS image (it is shown as supported file type). However, I get invalid image format error messages when I am trying to save the template.

I experimented with different EPS export settings, but the best I was able to get in a PDF output channel is the pixelated preview tif version.

I would prefer not having to convert EPS files to pixel based equivalents, but I do only find very little information on the subject in the documentation as was as in these forums.

Any pointers appreciated!

Thursday 25 October, 2012
  • Best Answer
    David Bares David Bares OpenText Employee Administrator StreamServe Employee
    0 likes

EPS format is somewhat different.

The vector graphic in EPS can only be used in PostScript driver.

All other drivers will use the preview image that can be stored as a part of EPS.

Wednesday 31 October, 2012
    0 likes

Oh, I see. What format and ressolution would you recommend for printing graphics then? Are there some rules of thumb?

Wednesday 31 October, 2012
  • David Bares David Bares OpenText Employee Administrator StreamServe Employee
    0 likes

There is no vector image graphic format that could be used across all the output drivers.

You may consider ways to convert vector graphics to LXF. (Print processor, PDFIN)

This would not really work for runtime conversions. Yet for design time it may be ok to prepare limited amount of resources that way.

From bitmap formats I try to avoid BMP, as it usually does not have compression.

PNG is fine because it is loss-less.

For photos and like you may prefer JPG, because of compression rate.

Thursday 01 November, 2012
    0 likes

Perfect, thanks for the guidelines!

Thursday 01 November, 2012

Latest from the blogs

Read more