Leave feedback
  • Question

dynamic overlay

Enter a new topic
  • Giovanni Cortese Giovanni Cortese
    0 likes 2738 views

I use streamserve design center with an XmlIn data input and PageOut output. We often have blocks in the XML, so that the number of entries in the pageout is variable. In the same pageout I have a fixed section; it's made out of several pages, that I import as an overlay. Now I would like the overlay to start when the frame ends, and I would like to have the same as the "Frame overflow" properties for the overlay, like the overlay to continue in the next page if necessary in the pageout.

Waiting for your suggestions,

Giovanni.

Thursday 27 September, 2012
  • Peter Martens Peter Martens StreamServe Employee
    0 likes

Hi,

If you have a body page, then the overlays on the page will be repeated. If needed you can make the choice of the overlay (so not the overlay itself) dynamic by putting a variable on the overlay name in the overlay properties.  You can make the selection scipt for the overlay before page, or in a script connected to a "before overflow" block in the frame, so that the variable is set before you go to the next page.

A concept as "dynamic overlay" only exsist in the Storyteller in the form of an dynamic fragment.

Regards,
    Peter

Thursday 27 September, 2012
  • Vikas Rathaur Vikas Rathaur
    0 likes

Hi,

as i am understanding you want dyanamic data in overlay that data can be overflow to next page. but this thing is possible only in story teller by dyanamic overlay.

and One more other way to do that create a another process with the name of append and you can add a overlay and can call that process wherever you want but i dont think we can add dyanamic data there. but we can make it dyanamic by adding a variable with that variable you can choose overlay dyanamically at run time.

Regards

Vikas

Friday 28 September, 2012
  • Giovanni Cortese Giovanni Cortese
    0 likes

Thank you for your aswers.

I know I can manage different overlay for different cases, but in this case I should create an overlay for each case I would have, and this is fine if I know all the cases (and actually it's like that in the most of the cases) but that means I have to duplicate the same overlay, and I don't like it so much...

I think I will give storyteller a try.

Thank you again,

best regards,

Giovanni

Friday 28 September, 2012
  • Rajkumar Aoutade Rajkumar Aoutade
    0 likes

Try using the XPath variable for dynamic fragment and depending on your test cases use the different overlay path at given xpath.

Thanks

Rajkumar

Wednesday 03 October, 2012
  • Rajeswaran K Rajeswaran K
    0 likes

Hi,

Can you please give me the steps for adding dynamic overlay in Storyteller process.

Thursday 18 May, 2017
  • Rajeswaran K Rajeswaran K
    0 likes

Hi,

Can you please give me the steps for adding dynamic overlay in Storyteller process.

Thursday 18 May, 2017