Leave feedback
  • Question

2 problems with dsrv.log log file

Enter a new topic
  • beroetz beroetz beroetz beroetz
    0 likes 2419 views

Hello,

I am using StreamServe 4.1.2 SP2 on Windows.

I have 2 problems regarding the log file (dsrv.log) of few StreamServe projects:

1) Everytime I restart the project (for whatever reason) the file is deleted so I am loosing information. Any idea how to prevent log file purging and how to keep it?

2) I have a cmd script that periodically move to log file to an archive location. However, when (for whatever reason) someone forgot to close the ControlCenter, the log file is locked and cannot be moved - the error is "Access denied". There is an option in ControlCenter - "stop log scanning" that unlocks the file. However, when I restart ControlCenter, the log is again automatically scanned. Any how to turn off the log scanning BY DEFAULT?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Best regards,

Beroetz

Thursday 21 June, 2012
  • Best Answer
    Vyv Lomax Vyv Lomax Administrator
    0 likes

Hi there - by using the -l log_file.txt argument in your start.arg file you will be able to allocate the name of your log file. If none given then it defaults to the ssrv.log file.

In your Platform settings - you should be able to specify log file handling (backup folder / days old / size / delete on restart).

Good luck.

Thursday 21 June, 2012
  • Vyv Lomax Vyv Lomax Administrator
    0 likes

Sorry ..... the syntax should be:

-log log_file.txt

Thursday 21 June, 2012
  • Markus Anding Markus Anding StreamServe Employee
    0 likes

In the platform there is a possibillity to archive log files by age or by size.
    Regarding removing of the log file. Do you have the argument -rmlog logfile.txt in your argument file, then the file is removed at restart.

Thursday 21 June, 2012
  • Olivier BOURBOULON Olivier BOURBOULON
    0 likes

Hello Vyv

i have the same problem (version 4.1.2 SP2 also) and i have a log file called drsv.log with no parameters in my start.arg or in my platform.dua

I can find the backup folder and the days old parameter, but there is no "delete on restart" parameter in the platform property.

And i need to keep the log because something is stopping very often my service and i don't know which project ...

I hope you have an idea

THanks for your help

Olivier

Monday 10 September, 2012
  • Olivier BOURBOULON Olivier BOURBOULON
    0 likes

Thanks to the answer of Vyv, i tried the param -log :

I have just found that when i put the parameter -log log_file.txt that the log file is not regenerated on each server restart ...

Olivier

• Vyv Lomax Vyv Lomax Administrator
    0 likes

Hi there - just as Markus points out above..... you should be able to wipe your log file (if you wish to do that) with help from the -rmlog argument.