Leave feedback
  • Question

composition center rule for "does not contain"

Enter a new topic
  • Camilla Gyllström Camilla Gyllström Administrator StreamServe Employee
    0 likes 2377 views

Hello,

I have a text in composition center that I want to use if a metadata contains a specific text - let's say "SOMMAR". If the metadata does not contain "SOMMAR" i want another text, but I cannot find any "does not contain" rule.  Am I missing something in the logic here?  I know I can create a rule in my DC project, but then I have to maintain the project to handle simple text rules... and that is not what I want.

Cheers,

Camilla

Tuesday 12 June, 2012
  • Johan Steneby Johan Steneby StreamServe Employee
    0 likes

Is it the 'not equal to' condition you are after?

/Johan

Tuesday 12 June, 2012
    0 likes

Well, no, I don't think so, unless I'm missing something obvious in my logic...

Let's say my metadata can contain "Täby" or "Täby Centrum" - and in both cases I want text2 to be printed. In all other cases, where "Täby" is not a part of the metadata - I want text1 to be printed. If I set a rule with 'not equal to "Täby" ' for text, then the rule for text2 (not equal to Täby) will be true, hence I will get both text1 and text2.

Tuesday 12 June, 2012
  • Pablo Gomez Pablo Gomez StreamServe Employee
    0 likes

Hi Camilla, 

Were you able to resolve this problem? Did you come up with a work around or have another suggestion? We need to maintan the rules in CS, so Design Center rules are not an option at this time. 

Thanks,

Pablo

Tuesday 05 February, 2013
    1 likes

Hi Pablo,

no, unfortunately the only solution we came up with was to create design center rules.

I have sent a suggestion to R&D to add the "does not contain" option, feel free to vote for the suggestion. The more votes the better chance to get it implemented, I guess.

http://streamshare.streamserve.com/Ideas/View-idea/?ideaId=176

Cheers,

Camilla

Wednesday 06 February, 2013

Latest from the blogs

Read more