Leave feedback
  • Question

Postscript Orientation Per Page

Enter a new topic
  • Roberto Avalos Roberto Avalos StreamServe Employee
    0 likes 1483 views

Hi,

I am creating Postscript files and I need to set page orientation. Unfortunately i cannot find any setting to do so per page. There is an orientation parameter per document but not per page.

Do I need to create a new parameter and customize the driver? I have already modified my driver to include Tray Information but i am wondering if i need to do the same for Orientation.

Using Persuasion sp5 1237

Thanks,

Roberto

Friday 21 October, 2011
  • Vyv Lomax Vyv Lomax Administrator
    0 likes

Hi there - what mode is your connector in? Job / Document or Process?

Sunday 23 October, 2011
  • Roberto Avalos Roberto Avalos StreamServe Employee
    0 likes

Hi Vyv, My connector mode is Job.

Thanks,

Roberto

Monday 24 October, 2011
  • Peter Martens Peter Martens StreamServe Employee
    0 likes

Hi,

not all printers will accept this, but you might try to make a new driver, where you select the Orientation also for Page Begin.

You can do this in teh Device Tool, by creating a duplicate driver, rename it (also in the drs file), and then in the device options you can select Orientation, then edit after which you can select "before page".

A dirty workaround is to make the page size variable, and change the with and height of the page.

Regards,

Peter

Monday 24 October, 2011
  • Martijn Faber Martijn Faber
    0 likes

@Peter Martens

Hello

I did as you suggested, and edited the drivers. This did not work. I have the option in our driver to edit the "Page Begin" and modify the orientation there. The orientation is based on the variable $Morientation wich is succesfully given to eacht page.. However our output isnt printing in Landscape whatsoever, even if the variable $Morientation is correctly put trough..

I know this is a long shot. But does anybody have even the faintest Idea what it could be?

Thanks in Advance!

Martijn

Thursday 22 November, 2012
  • Martijn Faber Martijn Faber
    0 likes

I figured it out, you have to set the page orientation on the platform level for some strange reason..

Monday 26 November, 2012

Latest from the blogs

Read more