Leave feedback
  • Question

Callproc misusing

Enter a new topic
  • Giovanni Leonardi Giovanni Leonardi
    0 likes 2066 views

Hello,

I have the following scenario. From my erp (Movex) I generate a StreamIn containing a set of data to be printed on product labels.

We have different label formats depending on customer's requests. Movex pgm send also layout number which can be used to select the proper format.

In Streamserve 4.1.2 I designed one PageOut process per label format and per printers type (we have different printers using different languages like Zebra, Datamax, etc.).

How do I tell streamserve to invoke the right process discarding others.

I tried using callproc but maybe I put it in the worng place. First I tried in Before and After Message.

Then in before and after process. On message it seems to ignore the whole thing. On process it skips my process even when the variable should contain the right value.

Where is my fault? Is there another way to perform my task?

Thank-you in advance.

Thursday 23 June, 2011
  • Best Answer
    Andreas Hjelle Andreas Hjelle
    2 likes

Hi,

A common way to do this in M3 projects is to leave agent settings as it is and only add a skip test on each process:

if($myCondition = "0") skip();

Then you keep all settings from M3 MNS205 settings provided in the file.

If you want to use callproc you have to pick up the metadata from M3 in order to select correct out connector and set the correct settings for this. I wrote an article on this subject a while ago that describes how to set it up.

Regards,

andreas

Thursday 23 June, 2011
  • Stefan Cohen Stefan Cohen StreamServe Employee Administrator
    0 likes

Put the script after message. Make sure that you have the process setting "select automatically" disabled on all process you don't want to execute unless they are called from the script.

http://onlinehelp.streamserve.com/5.5/en/wwhelp/wwhimpl/js/html/wwhelp .htm#href=Design%20Center/GUIref.12.095.html#2385707

//Stefan

Thursday 23 June, 2011
  • Vyv Lomax Vyv Lomax Administrator
    0 likes

Hi there - is the event using the AgentDriver function in Runtime? If so then this controls nearly all output and callprocs become difficult to impossible.

There is a workaround. Try looking through these posts for an answer.

Thursday 23 June, 2011
    0 likes

Thank-you for your reply, but I have already tried the after message script, and it seems not to recognize data. My script check an input variable which carry out the correct layout process to be selected but nothing happens. when I uncheck the "select automatically" field on runtime processes, no output is produced and communicators shows an error like "Missing fax connector:FAX" while I don't have any fax connector in my platform.

Any suggestion about this

Thursday 23 June, 2011
    0 likes

Sorry I read your last reply just now and YES I'm using Movex Agent Driver. I take a look on links you posted. thanx

Thursday 23 June, 2011
  • Andreas Hjelle Andreas Hjelle
    2 likes

Hi,

A common way to do this in M3 projects is to leave agent settings as it is and only add a skip test on each process:

If you want to use callproc you have to pick up the metadata from M3 in order to select correct out connector and set the correct settings for this. I wrote an article on this subject a while ago that describes how to set it up.

Regards,

andreas

Thursday 23 June, 2011
    0 likes
    Andreas Hjelle wrote

Hi,

Regards,

andreas

Hi Andreas,

thanx for your help. I found your article very useful. I placed my script in message after and now I can invoke the right process. 

I have another problem. In my script I must operate a selection depending on the device type (selected by name) that comes from $mvx_deviceXXX variable, since here everything is ok, but for a specific device I must perform a further selection based on a massage variable in order to select the correct layout, ($1LZRLITP) but there's no way to get values from it. I tried to log it but it's always blanks.

I tried to manage it also in Before Process script without success. 

What I'm doing wrong? At what level scripts can manage message variables?

Regards

Friday 24 June, 2011
    0 likes

Forget everything, I found what my problem was. An ex colleague made a modification on data stream moving some fields from header to block. That's why I coudldn't see them in message script.

Now everything works fine.

Thanx to everybody for helpful hints.

Regards

Friday 24 June, 2011

Latest from the blogs

Read more