Leave feedback
  • Question

Composite characters in overlays

Enter a new topic
  • Felicitas Wilcke Felicitas Wilcke Partner
    0 likes 1366 views

I have an old project which is now UTF-8 based and PageOut works as it should. This project has an overlay where the text contains composite characters, e.g. ü and these characters are no longer printed correctly.

I checked the coding and in PageOut text and overlay for these characters and it is the same.

Does anybody has an idea what I can do to get a correct printout?

Tuesday 19 April, 2011
  • Andreas Hjelle Andreas Hjelle
    0 likes

Hi,

What kind of overlay do you use? prn, lxf, tiff?

If you create a new overlay with those characters on. Do this print wrong as well?

What about font? Do you use a font on the overlay that support for instance ü? And the printer?

Can you produce a correct version of the document to PDF?

Regards,

andreas

Wednesday 20 April, 2011
    0 likes

Hi Andreas,

I use lxf for overlays and this overlay printed correct before project settings were changed to UTF8. Font is the same as for PageOut, Arial and it contains all desired characters. What puzzles me is that the PageOut prints ok and the overlay doesn't for the same characters and fonts.

Wednesday 20 April, 2011
  • Andreas Hjelle Andreas Hjelle
    0 likes

Hi,

Yes, this sounds strange. I believe you should raise a support incident on this.

Maybe you could try to open the overlay in UE.exe and verify that the file is saved as UTF-8?

A quick workaround would be to convert the overlay to tiff.

Regards,

andreas

Wednesday 20 April, 2011
    0 likes

Hi Andreas,

due to UE I know that the coding in lxf is right :) and I will open an incident.

For the workaround I will make a screenshot of the text and print only this small part of the overlay (it's just the place, two words) as image because full page tiff would reduce printer speed too much.

thanks for helping

Wednesday 20 April, 2011