Leave feedback
  • Question

Public or Private Document Definition in Composition Center

Enter a new topic
  • Tsen-Tiam Chu Tsen-Tiam Chu StreamServe Employee
    0 likes 3961 views

Hey

I have created a document definition as administrator and if I login as a Marketing Personnel I cant see the document definition. But if you are in the same role as me, in this case administrator, you will be able to see the document definition. 

Somehow it is public for everybody in the same role but private to the entire StreamStudio. If you take text resources or images it works good with the private and public settings. In here I can chose that setting when im creating the resource.

So does anyone encounter this before and do you know where to change the setting for it?

Thanks,

Atiam 

Monday 04 April, 2011
  • Tony RANNOU Tony RANNOU
    0 likes

Hi Atiam,

It is quite new this access management, and I'm not sure to understand all ...

If you put the doc def in a folder, you can set the folder public, and so perhaps this content ???

Tony

Monday 04 April, 2011
    0 likes

Hi Tony,

That is a great suggestion. I havent tried it before but I will try it. 

Thanks,
    Atiam

Monday 04 April, 2011
  • Carol Saito Carol Saito
    0 likes

I tried creating a public folder and I put the doc defs into that folder but unfortunately that still does not work.  Can you please suggest another solution to this issue?

Wednesday 09 May, 2012
    0 likes

Hi Carol,

Current this matter hasnt escalated at my client so i havent had the time to check for other solutions. Right now i think the Doc Def is tied to the creator.

A work around might be if you create more users. What i mean is that if you have two roles, customer service and marketing personnel you could at first give those roles admin rights. Create Doc Def using a user in those groups and then when the Doc Def is created change back all role rights to the one you want.

Otherwise i dont have any other solution for this for now.

Good luck!
    Atiam

Thursday 10 May, 2012
  • Stian Lassemo Stian Lassemo StreamServe Employee
    0 likes

Hi,

i had this problem at a customer. I had to manipulate the ACL table in the database in order to make the doc def visible to other roles.

If you create a new doc def from scratch make sure that you are a member of ALL the roles that should see the doc def. Then it should work.

Then you could have some roles with limited rights to comp center and some with full rights.

Br

Stian

Monday 21 May, 2012
  • Philip Gyuling Philip Gyuling
    2 likes

Hi,

RD has created a script that should resolve this problem, we want to collect some more field input to make sure we capture all the requirements before possibly adding the feature to DBAT, until then please contact me directly for this series of scripts.  See below for test scenario to see if this is the problem you are encountering:

1. Logged into StreamStudio as user “a” who is the StreamStudio Administrator
    2. Created a doc def
    3. This doc def is visible in manage doc defs when logged in as “a”
    4. Added three users to the LDAP directory associated to the application domain
    5. Added these three users to the “Marketing Personnel” role
    6. Before running the scripts, logged into SStudio as each of these users and verified that the doc def created in #2 was not visible
    7. Ran the scripts in question to grant the “marketing personnel” role access to the objects that “a” the system administrator has, this includes the doc def in #2 and its resources
    8. I can now log in as a user in “marketing personnel” role and they have access to the doc def created in #2

Regards,

Phil

Monday 21 May, 2012
  • Nikhil Bansal Nikhil Bansal
    0 likes

Hi Philip,

We are facing the same problem.Can you please help to send the script to me ..How can I get the same script??

Regards,

Nikhil

Friday 28 September, 2012
    0 likes

Hi Philip,

We are facing same problem while migrating from SP4 to SP5 :

We had Maker and Checker role , where in Maker could see the document definition and check the preview and send for publication.

Steps used by us in SP4 :

1. Checker Role creates Doc Def.
    2. Maker creates text and send for approval.
    3. Checker Approves it.
    4. Maker links the text with Doc Def and set rules .
    5. Maker checks the preview and set for publication.
    6. Checker checks the preview and Publishes the Doc Def and same is used in PDF's generated by batch processing.

Can you please help to share the script to make this thing working.

Regards,
    Nikhil

• Philip Gyuling Philip Gyuling
    0 likes

Hello Nikhil, I will send it to you but please keep in mind that it has limited functionality, it will allow you to grant permissions to a particular role but for all docdefs and resources, eventually, we will enhance it to be able spedify the docdefs and their associate reources and build it into DBAT. Please send me an email to coordinate: philip_gyuling@opentext.com Regards, Philip

0 likes

Hi Philip,

Thanks for your  help and quick response. I am unable to send you mail.

Please suggest what all will be updated by this script and from where should this script be executed.

Please mail me the script on following mailing ID's :

nikhil-bansal@hcl.com

nikhilbansal18@gmail.com

Please help to send the script files.

Regards,

Nikhil

Next