Leave feedback
  • Question

Section not deleted from my document template

Enter a new topic
  • David Bares David Bares OpenText Employee Administrator StreamServe Employee
    0 likes 3779 views

Hi,

I was asked by support to post this FA Question:

I had my design working also including a section on a back page.

Now I have decided to remove the section from my template as I do not use dynamic back page any more.

I selected the back page in my document tree and deleted it.

The strange thing is that when I redeployed the project the template still contains the back section. 
    I cannot get rid of it. I search through the whole document tree and also through all stories. I cannot find where the back section would be defined or referenced. So I think this must be a template update problem or something like that.

I understand that this is not a show-stopper, as I can just instruct my CC users to ignore the back section, but still I would like to clean up.

Does anybody have a hint for what I should do?

Thanks on behalf of a curious customer
    David

Monday 31 January, 2011
  • Best Answer
    Christofer Lindqvist Christofer Lindqvist StreamServe Employee
    0 likes

Hi David,

If you only delete the page from Document tree it is still available in Pages view, and if this page contain a section it will still show in Composition Center. Dont really know if this is a correct behavior or not, since its not in the Document tree.

Dont know if that solves your problem, but i have had the same issue and that was my solution.

Regards,
    Christofer

Wednesday 02 February, 2011
  • David Bares David Bares OpenText Employee Administrator StreamServe Employee
    0 likes

Hi Christofer,

you got that right.

Unlinked page definitions are source of most "cannot find" support cases. Not only CC sections, but also fonts, images, fragments.

Perhaps not in SP4, but in SP5 there is a reason to include unlinked pages. Because now user has a possiblity to change the page link by runtime modification and thus select a page that is not statically linked by document structure in design time.

Thanks
    David

Thursday 03 February, 2011
  • Johanna Bergqvist Johanna Bergqvist
    0 likes

Here is a "late" answer on behalf of Martin Vogel (I had problems posting it earlier):

StoryTeller is more flexible in document definition than PageOUT. Hence, document does not contain pages, but page links only. Every page is defined separately in a pool of pages visible in a Page Panel. Pages from the pool can be linked into Document structure once or multiple times and some pages can be just defined in the Page pool without being currently used in the Document. But these pages are still part of the *.ssd file including CC sections.

Each page can be created either in Page panel and then linked into the Document or in the Document directly. If you create a page in the document, the page in the page’s pool and the link in the Document are created.

Page can be removed from Page panel only. Removing “page” from the Document removes the link only and page stays defined waiting for future potential usage in the Document structure.
    If you would like to delete the page, activate the Page panel and delete the page from there. Please note that page name and page link name might be different (if you create a page form Document and rename the link afterwards). Each page link shows the page name in the property grid.

Friday 04 February, 2011

Latest from the blogs

Read more