Leave feedback
  • Question

cyrillic/greek text in advanced text boxes

Enter a new topic
  • Felicitas Wilcke Felicitas Wilcke Partner
    0 likes 1685 views

Hello all,

I modified a PCL driver to download Arial.ttf to the printer and can print then cyrillic, greek and any european language where the characters are included in the arial character set. This is true for labels associated with a language table. What puzzels me now is printing text in advanced text boxes. The only characters that print are from the ASCII character set, cyrillic characters are invisible. Using PDF driver, anything is fine.

Any hint?

Thanks

Felicitas

Monday 18 October, 2010
  • Best Answer
    Felicitas Wilcke Felicitas Wilcke Partner
    0 likes

The problem is solved by a) modifying the driver (removing double definition of arial, thanks to Anne-Maj Raaholt from the support team), b) defining a variable for the characterset in before message script and c) using this variable in the device options before process in the runtime.

Monday 07 February, 2011
  • Vyv Lomax Vyv Lomax Administrator
    0 likes

Hi there. I had this issue before once...I believe that you need to set the label in the overlay / LXF fragment as cyrillic. Go to the item and set the SCRIPT value.

Monday 18 October, 2010
  • Vyv Lomax Vyv Lomax Administrator
    0 likes

I am sorry - I read the question wrong and see now that you meant the Advanced Text Box and not a field in an Overlay. I was focusing on a solution too early..... But maybe there is a connection?

Monday 18 October, 2010
  • Mykola Poliovyy Mykola Poliovyy StreamServe Employee
    0 likes

In case the PDF is correct it is a output connector codepage. The reason is that Unicode is not supported by PCL.

Try to some cyrillic ANSI: cp1253 should work for greek and cp1251 for russian and others cyrillic.

Tuesday 19 October, 2010
    0 likes

I know that Unicode is not supported by PCL but: labels generated by the translation tables are printing correct, only the advanced text box is fussy. Actually the charset in project, platform and runtime is set to <none>. The output should print all languages of the EC, so I could switch the charset depending of the country the output is designed for. But I am looking for an easy and elegant solution :-)

Tuesday 19 October, 2010
    0 likes

The problem is solved by a) modifying the driver (removing double definition of arial, thanks to Anne-Maj Raaholt from the support team), b) defining a variable for the characterset in before message script and c) using this variable in the device options before process in the runtime.

Monday 07 February, 2011

Latest from the blogs