Leave feedback
  • Question

Database sessions and more....

Enter a new topic
  • Heléne Kolm Heléne Kolm
    0 likes 1712 views

1. We have a installation of persuasion 5.4  (on windows 2003)with 3 different domains. This weekend I restarted the applications and after only minutes I have almost 80 database sessions?!  Is that normal?

2. How can I se from witch user (LDAP-user) the session comes from? In the db it only sais the streamserver-server name and database-user.

3. How many sessions are created per LDAP-user?

4. All the users are "inactive" according to the database - can you set a parameter that ends idle connections after a certain period of time?

5. Does batches create sessions? How many? Is there a paper that describes how sessions are created and from where?

6. We have two servers in our production env - one fail over that is idle, but can be started if needed. When I was upgrading something went wrong and I had to start all over again. BUT - the services still existed as windowsservices, so I coudn't use the names I wanted. I therefore reinstalled the OS and then the services existed - BUT control center on the other machine - still shows those services on the machine that has been reinstalled and doesnt even have streamserver on it anymore....  What will happen when I install?

7. Our developers have tried to delete a dokumenttype - but when they look in the document archive, the doctype is still there?  How do you delete a documenttype?

Monday 20 September, 2010
  • Ola Hellgren Ola Hellgren StreamServe Employee
    0 likes

Hi,

This was a couple of questions. I try to answer some of the to thge best of my abilities.

1. From my experience StreamServe use several connections to the database. I'm just now running a projects that imports documents into StreamServe Collector archive. On three idle projects and one active I average 60 DB connections. To me it sounds pretty normal.

2. I don't have any really deep knowledge into the LDAP-fuctionality in StreamSreve. I would image though that we just check login against the LDAP once with the user specified in the Application Domain GUI and the Tomcat stores the access granted in the session.

6. This is a common problem when e.g. delte a application domain without deleting the services first. Both ways you can solve it pretty easy. Is the services exist on server but not in ContolCenter you use sc.exe to delete the services. If it's the opposite you need to create services with sc.exe named like the services you want to remove from ControlCenter (the App. domain), I usually use cmd.exe as dummy application for the dummy services created.

Info about sc.exe - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/251192
    NOTE! Notice the space after the equal sign (=) in the help, it's easy to miss.

7. It's not reccomended to delete a documenttype from the Archive. To delete one from the runtime or SER DB is OK if you know what you're doing. If you have to delete a document type from the archive and can't rebuild the whole Archive DB you have to have someone with complete knowledge of the DB-structures. If you can't get around this in anyway you should contact StreamServe Proffesional Services or our Support.

Kind Regards,
    Ola Hellgren

Monday 20 September, 2010