Leave feedback
  • Question

Where can I set the .Rasterizing Threshold (GOCA) for AFP driver

Enter a new topic
  • Anna Svensson Anna Svensson
    0 likes 3531 views

Hej!

We generate AFP files which shall have graphics such as ovals and lines so the current setting is GOCA = yes.

The print vendor want us to remove all vector graphic and use raster so I tried the option GOCA = Raster All which seems to create the ovals and some lines. However, all lines defined in page out are not visible in the AFP file, i.e. a line at the top is not visible whereas one line at the bottom is and they are both 0.2 mm thick and the same lenght. How can this happen?

I looked through the documentation for drivers and can find information about the settings and also that one shall be able to set the Rasterizing Threshold (GOCA) but this option is not visible in Design center. All I can see is the options  .Line thickness factor (GOCA) and .Line maximum width (GOCA).

All this setting is done in our post-processing project.

Best regards,

Anna

Monday 21 June, 2010
  • Peter Grill Peter Grill StreamServe Employee
    1 likes

Hi Anna.

The option is set in AFP Job Begin options. (at the same place as The line thickness factor and maximum width). If you don't see it there, it might be because you have a customized driver? If it was created (and upgrade) before this option was in the product you will probably not find it there. You can either look at the standard AFP driver or add the option using the device tool.

This option is used when having vector images with very many bezier curves. When exceeding the threshold, the image will be rasterized. The default value is 1200 nodes.

Good luck.

Monday 21 June, 2010
  • Vyv Lomax Vyv Lomax Administrator
    0 likes

Moved to connectivity & post processing.

Monday 21 June, 2010
  • Stefan Cohen Stefan Cohen StreamServe Employee Administrator
    0 likes

Some AFP viewers aren't very good at displaying lines at certain zoom levels. Lines can appear to be missing when viewed on-screen even if it really is in the file and prints as expected when sent to a printer. If that's the case, try to zoom in a bit on the page in the viewer you are using.

Monday 21 June, 2010
  • Anna Svensson Anna Svensson
    0 likes

Thanks for all the replies. We have a customised driver so that might be the reason I cannot find it in JobBegin settings for the AFP driver.

However, the lines were missing also in our print test so it is not just the browser.

I seem to come around the problem if I copy (in PageOut) an identical (but visible) line and then add that to the position where I expected lines but could not find any and then redeploy the project. This seems to be a mystery to me so what else can have an impact on what is rasterized or not? The both lines had the same widht and colour (hue, saturation etc) as well as rotation, length etct.

Kind regards,

Anna

Monday 21 June, 2010

Latest from the blogs