Leave feedback
  • Question

Default rules in Composition Center

Enter a new topic
  • Melker Eriksson Melker Eriksson StreamServe Employee
    0 likes 1596 views

Is there a way to add a default rule to content in a CC section?

Lets say you want a default text to be added in a section only when no other rules are set to true.

Thanks, 

Melker

Friday 28 May, 2010
  • Petrus Näslund Petrus Näslund
    0 likes

At the moment, the only thing that I can think of is to set up an inverted rule for the default text. For instance, if text A should be displayed if "value X equals 1" and text b should be displayed if "value X equals 10", then set the default text for the section to display if "value X not equal to 1 AND value X not equal to 10".

Of course, if you have many rules on a section this will be kind of cumbersome...

//petrus

Monday 31 May, 2010
  • Melker Eriksson Melker Eriksson StreamServe Employee
    0 likes

Thanks, Petrus.

/M

Monday 31 May, 2010
  • Mikael Heimdahl Mikael Heimdahl
    0 likes

I hope its planned for in the next SP to add this feature? Im setting up a demo for Composition Center and its very frustrating that I have to add the inverted rule to the default each time I add another optional text. Lets say I have a template for a letter and then choose which body text via a rule. If I have 100 diffrent letters I need 100 inverted rules on the default. All other tools I looked has a forced default rule for each section so it cant be omitted.

Monday 06 December, 2010
  • Johan Steneby Johan Steneby StreamServe Employee
    0 likes

Hi Mikael,

I don't know if this is planned for a future release but it sounds like a good idea to post in the Ideas section

/Johan

Monday 06 December, 2010

Latest from the blogs

Read more