Leave feedback
  • Question

ODBC scripting on Windows 7 and SQL Server 2008.

Enter a new topic
  • Peter Grill Peter Grill StreamServe Employee
    0 likes 8040 views

When I use ODBC scripting on my Windows 7 machine with SQL server 2008 Express I get the following error message:

0525 080818 (2033) 0 [1]: SQL State = "IM014", Error Message = "[Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] The specified DSN contains an architecture mismatch between the Driver and Application"

I understand that this is a mismatch between 32-bit and 64-bit architecture - but how do I solve it?

Streamserve version: Persuasion SP4 rev2.

Thanks,

Peter

Tuesday 25 May, 2010
  • Best Answer
    Vyv Lomax Vyv Lomax Administrator
    2 likes

Have you installed StreamServe in the program files(x86) folder?

If so then the ODBC part has issues parsing the "(x86)". Try re-installing in another folder.

Another thing is to use the 32 bit version of the odbc administrator - you can find it in WOW64\odbcad32.exe

Here is a similar issue.

Tuesday 25 May, 2010
  • Peter Grill Peter Grill StreamServe Employee
    1 likes

Just installing Streamserve to c:\Streamserve didn't do it.

Using the odbcad32.exe solved it.

Tuesday 25 May, 2010
  • Vyv Lomax Vyv Lomax Administrator
    0 likes

Just for interest - was it Oracle or MS SQL Server?

Tuesday 25 May, 2010
    0 likes

I got it I got it.... read the question.... it's right there.... sorry. SQL Server it is.

Tuesday 25 May, 2010
    0 likes

I am now experiencing the same issue again with StreamServe on x64 with an x64 Oracle Client where StreamServe cannot see the working ODBC DSN that I made (incorrectly) within the 64 bit version of the Admin tool file found in C:\WINDOWS\system32\odbcad32.exe.

I now need to install the 32 bit version of the Oracle Client and create a new DSN with the C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\odbcad32.exe admin tool in order for StreamServe to work with it.

Here is a link to a similar issue with another product.

And a little link with some info from Microsoft

Friday 14 January, 2011
  • Roy Lamers Roy Lamers
    0 likes

I'm experiencing a similar (or the same) problem. StreamServe is running on a 64-bits Windows Server 2008 machine, the database I'm trying to connect to is SQL Server 2005 on a 32-bits Windows 2003 SP2. I have created the DSN with the C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\odbcad32.exe admin tool. The admin tool successfully connects when testing after creation, but StreamServe gives me an error: "(2033) 0 [1]: SQL State = "IM014", Error Message = "[Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] The specified DSN contains an architecture mismatch between the Driver and Application"

Any idea how to solve this?

Thursday 18 August, 2011
    0 likes

Hi there - I am just guessing here but which driver did you use in the C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\odbcad32.exe tool?

It may have been a 64 bit version.

Can you check it out?

Thursday 18 August, 2011
  • Roy Lamers Roy Lamers
    0 likes

I have attached a screenshot of the ODBC core components, all are the 32-bit version.

Thursday 18 August, 2011

Attached files

• Roy Lamers Roy Lamers
    0 likes

Oh, I forgot to mention the rest: the driver used is titled "SQL Server", version 6.01.7600.16385 and the driver file is SQLSRV32.DLL

Thursday 18 August, 2011
    0 likes

Please check out this post. It may help.

Friday 19 August, 2011
Next