Leave feedback
  • Question

Code pages in StreamServe

Enter a new topic
  • Ruth  Cancela Ruth Cancela
    0 likes 5456 views

I've to prepare a project in wich there are five languages.... spanish, french, english, german and polish. My problem is that I can't print the polish characters. I've tried it putting the code page ISO 8859-2 in PCL connector, but it doesn't work. Can someone to help me?

Friday 09 April, 2010
    0 likes

Thankyou for your answer Vyv.

In my project, before we've included the polish language we're using ISO 8859-15 in PCL and PDF outputs, and the documents were correct.  The input text, when we read it with an UTF-8 editor, is correct, it shows the special characteres, but in the printer (using Win driver) or in the pdf documents (pdf2 driver) the special simbols are incorrect. I attach a zip file with my project, the start.arg file and the plattform configuration.

Thankyou again for your help.

Sunday 11 April, 2010
  • Magtiel Jimenez Magtiel Jimenez
    This reply has been removed Monday 12 April, 2010
  • Magtiel Jimenez Magtiel Jimenez
    This reply has been removed Monday 12 April, 2010
  • Vyv Lomax Vyv Lomax Administrator
    0 likes

Hi there Ruth - when you attached your files did you forget to click on "ADD" afterwards? In this forum it is a 2-step process to attach the files. Please try again.

Monday 12 April, 2010
    0 likes

Sorry, I hope in this time...

Monday 12 April, 2010

Attached files

START.zip 2296 KB
    0 likes

Hi Ruth - I got it - I guess you can also see the file too.

Can you please provide me with an input file? I know that this is MOVEX input - så maybe you will need to check if you have any test files available from your -grb directory.

Maybe you have some other design / test files in Polish that would do the trick?

Monday 12 April, 2010
    0 likes

Hi Wyv, thankyou for your attention. I attach an example in a zip file (an input file from my grb) If you read it in UCS2 you can see perfectly the polish characteres. In the printer output or pdf output they are incorrect.

Monday 12 April, 2010

Attached files

0 likes

Hi there again - this may be a long one - I do not have V3 on my PC anymore so I have upgraded it to V4 - and I may be missing a few files. Can I ask you if you have a codepage set on the input connector? If so you could tell me which one - or just send a screenshot.

To be continued....

Monday 12 April, 2010
    0 likes

Hi, I've tried a lot of combinations: None for input conector TCP_MOVEX and ISO 8859-2 on output PCL conector. I've also tried none on input conector and utf-8 on output, utf-8 on input conector, utf-8 on output, and others. I attach a bitmap of a piece of the pdf generated to show you which are the wrong characteres. 

My first problem is with the translation of the Movex standard output and on the other hand, I have also a problem with the translation dictionary, it is edited with an utf-8 editor but the generated characteres are wrong too on the output.

Monday 12 April, 2010

Attached files

This reply has been removed Wednesday 14 April, 2010
Next

Latest from the blogs

Read more