Leave feedback
  • Question

Agent Driver process

Enter a new topic
  • Martin Herodes Martin Herodes
    0 likes 3762 views

Is the logic, for what happens when the Agent Driver is activated, built in to the Persuasion code or does it refeer to the Function AgentDriver() in MOMStandardV#.cml?

We are using Output Center and there is some variables we would like to add to the workflow, in order to have better statistics in OC, but they are missing in the default design.

wkr,
        Martin

Tuesday 06 April, 2010
  • Andreas Hjelle Andreas Hjelle
    0 likes

Hi Martin,

I'm not sure about the implementation of the Movex agent in Persuasion. However, a way for you to set different variables in all M3 projects could be to change the SetInfo() script. This is added to all standard projects from Lawson and is called in the before message script. Here you can retrieve all "meta values" from the stream file (*xxx).

By default the script looks like this:
    func SetInfo()
    {
    SetExtJobID($mvx_JOBID);
    SetJobOwner($mvx_USER);
    SetjobDescr($mvx_NAME);
    }

I hope this helps.

Regards,

andreas

Tuesday 06 April, 2010
  • Vyv Lomax Vyv Lomax Administrator
    0 likes

When you activate the Agent Driver box in Runtime you instruct the server to receive its ouput commands from Movex. Movex is of course not aware of Output Center and has therefore an issue if you are trying to use it.

Disactivating the Agent Driver functionality means that the Agent Driver() function should then kick in to effect. You will have to edit this function to be able to set the $que to point to your OC connectors yet still picking up the printer alias information. This is very simple.

And it is here of course you will need to extract the additional OC Account variables.

Sorry if the answer is a bit short - but I hope it helps.

//557

Tuesday 06 April, 2010
    0 likes
    Vyv Lomax wrote

Disactivating the Agent Driver functionality means that the Agent Driver() function should then kick in to effect. You will have to edit this function to be able to set the $que to point to your OC connectors yet still picking up the printer alias information. This is very simple.

Hi

Just to make sure I understand you correctly:
    StreamServe will use the AgentDriver() function if I have "Agent Driven" active in Event. Is that correct?

Changing the function to use additional data from the stream file is easy (I have already created my own version of AgentDriven that I use in other situations).

wkr,
        Martin

Tuesday 06 April, 2010
  • Vyv Lomax Vyv Lomax Administrator
    0 likes

Hi Martin - Yeah - it is a little confusing - if you activate the "Agent driven" checkbox in runtime - then StreamServe & Movex take control over your scripts automatically.

If you disactivate the "Agent driven" checkbox in runtime - then you must call for your own processes with the help of script and if you so chose the - agentdriver() function which is found in the MovexV2.1.fcn file.

BTW: There may be a change of function name in your implementation of MovexV2.1.fcn compared to mine. Hopefully not though.

//557

Tuesday 06 April, 2010
    0 likes

I am fine with confusion as long as the same function is used (whatever it might be called). :-)

Agent Driver Active = AgentDriver() function (in MOMstandardV#.cml) used automatically.
    Agent Driver Inactive = AgentDriver() function must be called manually.

Thanks for the help!

wkr,
        Martin

Tuesday 06 April, 2010
  • Stefan Cohen Stefan Cohen StreamServe Employee Administrator
    0 likes

Let me clear that up. The Agent Driver checkbox in DeisgnCenter has nothing to do with any function files. The checkbox activates a bit of code built into the mvx agent. The agent has two parts.

1. The Tokenizer/Message creator (just like any other agent)
    2. The Agent Driver

The Agent Driver makes the mvx agent special compared to other agents in the server. It can set (or override) runtime parameters based on info found in the input file and in a fixed set of substitution tables (queuealias, etc).

The agentdriver function has not been created by StreamServe. Nor is it part of the StreamServe product offering (I don't even know who maintains it these days). The function mimics the behavior of the Agent Driver component of the mvx agent in StreamServe script. It can be used to replace the inbuilt component. To enable the use of the function, you will first have to disable the Agent Driver check box (The Agent Driver will otherwise take precedence over scripts and runtime variables provided by users) and then call the function. You will also have to manually add the variables the function sets to all the right places in the runtime config of your project.

Friday 09 April, 2010
  • Andreas Hjelle Andreas Hjelle
    0 likes
    Stefan Cohen wrote
    To enable the use of the function, you will first have to disable the Agent Driver check box (The Agent Driver will otherwise take precedence over scripts and runtime variables provided by users) and then call the function. You will also have to manually add the variables the function sets to all the right places in the runtime config of your project.

Hi,

An easier way in which do not need to turn off the AgentDriver is to turn of "Select automatically" on the processes and call the processes using the AgentDriver function in after message scripts.

I do this a lot, since I do not need to do so much changes in runtime.

Regards,

andreas

Saturday 10 April, 2010

Latest from the blogs

Read more