Leave feedback
  • Question

Unable to truncate log.txt (13:Permission denied)

Enter a new topic
  • günter hirt günter hirt
    0 likes 142 views

we are running streamserve v 5.6.2. After migration from 4.x.x to 5.6.2 every log (log.txt) should truncate up at 50MB. But the logs are increasing up to 50 MB . In the logs we found

0207 120522 (0250) 1 Log Manager: Unable to truncate log.txt (13:Permission denied)
    0207 120622 (0250) 1 Log Manager: Unable to truncate log.txt (13:Permission denied)
    0207 120722 (0250) 1 Log Manager: Unable to truncate log.txt (13:Permission denied)
    0207 120822 (0250) 1 Log Manager: Unable to truncate log.txt (13:Permission denied)

how can we authorise the log manager to truncate the log files ?

One week ago
  • Matti Kaltiainen Matti Kaltiainen
    0 likes

Hi,
    Does the user you are running the Streamserve applications have rights to modify the logfiles? Are you able to modify the files manually using the same user that is used to run the applications?
    Br,
    Matti

One week ago
    0 likes

Hi,

changing the log with the application user is performed every job. I can change it manually too. I think, e truncating the log is doing by the log manager or management gateway. But I don'*t know it exactly. When I know who is truncating the log I can set the right authorization.

One week ago
    0 likes

Solved:

The log file settings are configured on the Log File tab in the Configure Platform
    dialog box. Under "Configure Platform"/(Physical)/LogFile-Tab there must be a folder in

"Move old log to:" when you truncate the logs.

4 days ago