Leave feedback
  • Question

Report for the failed invoices

Enter a new topic
  • Rama Muddana Rama Muddana
    0 likes 496 views

Hello,

We need to generate the report for the list of failed invoices. How can we acheive it.

Earlier i have generated the report for all the invoices by inserting  in the database that is recieved to streamserve. then captured all the invoices from the database and copied to a file and sent that file vai mail.

But here my requirement is only to store the invoices which are failed to send to the user in the database. Please help me on how to acheive it.

Regards,

Rama.

Wednesday 25 October, 2017
    0 likes

But here my requirement is only to store the invoices in the database which are failed to send to the user via email. Please help me on how to acheive it.

0 likes

looking forward for the response. It's very urgent..

• Andreas Hjelle Andreas Hjelle
    0 likes

Hi,

What do you mean by failed invoices? Do you mean invoices that is not outputted?

In that case you should have a look at the java notifications for output from Streamserve.

Regards,

andreas

Thursday 26 October, 2017
    0 likes

Hello Andreas,

my requirement is,

if suppose, input xml file having  incorrect mail id and when we process this file, invoice will not trigger to the user mail id because the user mail id is incorrect. 

so, i want to generate report for all the invoices with the information like invoice number, date of creation and the email id in a day that are failed to send to user mail id due to incorrect mail id or the mail id is not existed.

Looking forward to your response on the same on how to acheive it.

Anything else needed, please let me know.

Regards,

Rama.

0 likes

Hi,

You will need some sort of assured email delivery setup. This is not included in Streamserve. I belive OpenText have some. It is probably hard to set up. How will you decide if myCorrect@email.com is more correct than myWrong@email.com ??

With Notifications you can pick up deliveries that fail from Streamserve. I.e. rejected by the smtp server and so on. This can be reported to the end user.

Regards,

andreas

0 likes

Hello Andreas,

Can you please elaborate more on how to configure notifications to pick up deliveries that fail from Streamserve and report to end user.

Regards,

Rama

0 likes

Hi,

This is described in the "StreamServe 5.6.2 Notification SDK" available from OpenText .

You will have to set up the projects as described in the documentation. Furthermore you will have to develop a Java notification listener. Examples are provided in the SDK.

Then you will have to make sure that each document you create are identifiable from the notification. You can use Streamserve or another available tool to process the result (xml files) from the notification listener. For instance you could populate a database with the results and use this to report results.

Regards,

andreas

Friday 27 October, 2017

Latest from the blogs