Leave feedback
  • Question

Export package for Design Center development

Enter a new topic
  • Sreenivas Reddy Sreenivas Reddy
    0 likes 57 views

Hi experts,

I have a situation here.

I am using StreamServe version 5.6.0 for a client. we use it to be in sync with the client system.

Problem is, once we finish the changes in the development in Design center I am unable to successfully generate the export package in order to deploy it to the Control Center and test the development for form changes.

1. I almost always get the error  ". . .  . INVALID SERVICE STORAGE... ".

what could be the problem with this kind of issue. Sometimes I manage to get a successful export when working on Desktop ( even that is very random), while the success is very rare when working on a laptop with 8GB RAM, 64-bit OS.

as the development is expanding the successful export of the development is seldom happening. Please help in understanding the root cause.

2. When in case I move the changes in Design Center to a dedicated Server and I run the software there, luckily if I manage to get the export ready , I notice that everytime the export package size is increasing multifold.

In my case, working on SAP BILL form changes in StreamServe,  the export  package size has grown from ~15 MB to ~48 MB to ~61MB . 

Interestingly my development involves Chinese translations where the font file I used from the resources is itself 16MB in size.

However, using the same font in other development like CORRESPONDENCES, still the export package would be ~15 MB in size, never more than that.

Appreciate your help.

Thanks,

Sreenivas

4 days ago
  • Andreas Hjelle Andreas Hjelle
    0 likes

Hi,

This might be a privilege issue. Have you tried starting Design Center as Administrator?

Fonts in the resource set are added to the package, are you sure the fonts are present on both computers?

Regards,

andreas

4 days ago
  • Sreenivas Reddy Sreenivas Reddy
    0 likes
    Andreas Hjelle wrote

Hi,

This might be a privilege issue. Have you tried starting Design Center as Administrator?

Fonts in the resource set are added to the package, are you sure the fonts are present on both computers?

Regards,

andreas

hi andreas,

The fact that I have no administrator privileges on my laptop doesn't allow me start the DC as an Admin. I shall try if i can run it as Admin in the Server.

is there no alternative for this ? 

Yes , the fonts are present in all the project locations in the common global resource folder .

thanks.

4 days ago
  • Andreas Hjelle Andreas Hjelle
    0 likes

Hi,

You should always have elevated privileges while developing in Streamserve. Even for Control Center this applies.

Sounds odd with the font. Do you have several recourse sets? If so verify that the Platform has dependencies to all.

I sometimes remove large Chinese and Japanese fonts from my resources to keep the export packages small ( I keep them for rollback purposes). Then I manually add the required fonts to the management gateway first time I set up the application, and tick off the "Clear data folder" option on deploy.  Don't remember if you have the "Add exported fonts to platform's default resource set" in  5.6. If you tick it on, I guess all your fonts will be added to the package. This is safer when multiple developers work on the same site.

Regards,

andreas

4 days ago