Leave feedback
  • Question

Difference between Deploy and Redeploy

Enter a new topic
  • Jos van Berkel Jos van Berkel
    0 likes 3856 views

After changing an existing project in Design Center I deployed the project in Control Center.

After that I started testing and noticed that the changes I made were not working.

By accident I redeployed the application instead of deploy.
    The change was working now perfectly.

Can someone explain to me what the difference is between deploy and redeploy?
    Is not everything updated when you deploy an existing application?  

Regards,
    Jos 

Wednesday 24 February, 2010
  • Best Answer
    Enrik Beste Enrik Beste StreamServe Employee
    3 likes

Please be careful if you do a deploy to more than one application. The REDEPLOY always uses the last settings defined by DEPLOY. It does not matter which application you have selected. If you select another one and do redeploy it will transport the other project.

With other words: REDEPLOY is an overall setting and not defined per application.

Thursday 25 February, 2010
  • Stefan Cohen Stefan Cohen StreamServe Employee Administrator
    1 likes

Deploy will let you select an export package and physical layer to deploy. A ReDeploy will deploy the previously selected export package and physical layer to the target application without prompting you for an export package again. ReDeploy is simply put more convenient once you have done the initial selection of export and physical layer.

Both a deploy and a re-deploy will by default clear the target data folder prior to deployment and files with matching file names in the working directory will be overwritten. There is now (SP4) and later a checkbox in the deploy wizard that lets you select not to clear the data folder unless you want to.

Wednesday 24 February, 2010
  • Enrik Beste Enrik Beste StreamServe Employee
    3 likes

Please be careful if you do a deploy to more than one application. The REDEPLOY always uses the last settings defined by DEPLOY. It does not matter which application you have selected. If you select another one and do redeploy it will transport the other project.

With other words: REDEPLOY is an overall setting and not defined per application.

Thursday 25 February, 2010

Latest from the blogs

Read more