Leave feedback
  • Question

Three sheets in each envelope

Enter a new topic
  • Andrés Cheda Andrés Cheda
    0 likes 343 views

Hello,

I need to set up a document so that the envelope is three sheets per envelope.

In PageOut the solution I have developed is by means of a script (attached) in the before event of the body page of the document, creating a new address page (with front and back) and calling a block of address every 6 pages.

I would like to know if there is a similar solution to do this same in StoryTeller, since it does not work.

Thank you very much.

Thursday 09 February, 2017
  • Best Answer
    Nicholas Makin Nicholas Makin
    0 likes
    I may not have undersood what you were trying to do but breaking a document up into n-page segments is an easy function of StoryTeller Page groups. So for example I use a page group to link a "front page" and a "back page" - I also use page groups to control the "first page" (front and back) and the "body pages" (front and back) etc. You can have groups of groups so you can do something like: PageGroup "3Page Group" <Occurrence = Once or more>
        PageGroup "Address Page" <Occurrence = Exact count, count = 1>
            Page "Address Page front" <Occurrence = Exact count, count = 1>
            Page "Address Page back" <Occurrence = Exact count, count = 1>
        PageGroup "Body Pages" <Occurrence = Exact count, count = 3>
            Page "Body Page front" <Occurrence = Exact count, count = 1>
            Page "Body Page back" <Occurrence = Optional>
    Now the Body Pages have story frames which continue the content along -- however you will need a mechanism to detect the "end" of data to drop the additional pages (I though using Ocurrence = Optional would work but you need the story to get "active" so the story frame needs to be called at least once to start rendering. So you will need to check to see if there is any content in the story frame and if there is not - set the page property "Visibility" to hide the page. If there is no more content the back page will also drop since it is marked "optional" and would only render if the storyframe had content.
    Thursday 09 March, 2017
  • Peter Martens Peter Martens StreamServe Employee
    1 likes

Hi, 

Actually there is a special enveloping solution in Post Processing module for enveloping, which can automatically do these things, including the insertion of address sheets. 

It does need an extra licence though. 

Regards, 
    Peter

Wednesday 15 February, 2017
  • Andr&#233;s Cheda Andrés Cheda
    0 likes

Hi,

Thank you very much for your reply, but I would like to avoid using Post Processing, as it would involve many changes in a lot of projects. What I really want is a solution without having to use Post Processing.

Regards,

Andrés.

• Peter Martens Peter Martens StreamServe Employee
    0 likes

Hi Andrés., 

You can use post processing without using the Document Broker, so without actual storing documents. So, this you can configure on runtime level for only the PageOut process where you need it, without touchign the other projects. 

Regards,
    Peter

• Nicholas Makin Nicholas Makin
    0 likes
    I may not have undersood what you were trying to do but breaking a document up into n-page segments is an easy function of StoryTeller Page groups. So for example I use a page group to link a "front page" and a "back page" - I also use page groups to control the "first page" (front and back) and the "body pages" (front and back) etc. You can have groups of groups so you can do something like: PageGroup "3Page Group" <Occurrence = Once or more>
        PageGroup "Address Page" <Occurrence = Exact count, count = 1>
            Page "Address Page front" <Occurrence = Exact count, count = 1>
            Page "Address Page back" <Occurrence = Exact count, count = 1>
        PageGroup "Body Pages" <Occurrence = Exact count, count = 3>
            Page "Body Page front" <Occurrence = Exact count, count = 1>
            Page "Body Page back" <Occurrence = Optional>
    Now the Body Pages have story frames which continue the content along -- however you will need a mechanism to detect the "end" of data to drop the additional pages (I though using Ocurrence = Optional would work but you need the story to get "active" so the story frame needs to be called at least once to start rendering. So you will need to check to see if there is any content in the story frame and if there is not - set the page property "Visibility" to hide the page. If there is no more content the back page will also drop since it is marked "optional" and would only render if the storyframe had content.
    Thursday 09 March, 2017
  • Andr&#233;s Cheda Andrés Cheda
    0 likes

Hi,

Thank you very much for your reply, based on your answer I solved the problem.

Regards,
    Andrés.

Thursday 09 March, 2017