Leave feedback
  • Question

Settings for Mail SMTP MIME connector - How to set same Runtime settings for all projects?

Enter a new topic
  • E. M. E. M.
    0 likes 261 views

Hi there, 

I have a problem with a introducing new environment in OpenText Streamserve Version 5.6.1:

Is there any possibility to set all the things global the Runtime Settings  for the SMTP MIME Mail Connector like 

* Attachmentname

*From Mail

*To Mail

*CC Mail

*Subject

*Code page and so on...??

I am getting insane to open hundreds of projects and type in all this runtime stuff for each test and production layer of the plattform.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Edith

Monday 02 January, 2017
  • Peter Martens Peter Martens StreamServe Employee
    0 likes

Hi Edith, 

Mostly I put these values in variables, and use a table or function to centrally manage them. (using getPhysicalPlatform() to determine which environment I'm currently using. 

it still requires you to enter them for each project, but at least you only have to do this once, and then you have a central place to make changes. 

Regards,

Peter

Monday 02 January, 2017
  • E. M. E. M.
    0 likes

Thanks a lot, Peter, for your answer

I still use variables...  but I have hundreds of projects, which uses the same plattform... and it is a work of days to insert all this variablenames in the runtime settings for all these projects... sorry, but I am searching for an easier way

Edith

Monday 02 January, 2017
    0 likes

Hi Edith, 

Are you sending the process as attachment to the mail, then you can use an attachment connector, and use a separate job to create the e-mail. The body can be created using a storyteller process with either fragment for each different body (or story switch). if you forward all the required data in an XMLOut to a second job in which you create the e-mail, then you only have to set these things up once. 

The XMLOut can be resused for all of your projects (using add existing process), especially if you use variables instead of fields. 

So, for each process that is attached, you connect it to the attachment connector. And add an standard XMLOut process with all the e-mail data (mail address, attachment name etc). this XMLOut is connected to an internal connector which goes to a seperate job, that picks it up with an XMLIn, The body is created using storyteller and in the runtime you only have to add one attachment connector to the mail And set the e-mail up in one place per physical layer. 

Regards,
    Peter

Monday 02 January, 2017
  • E. M. E. M.
    0 likes

Thanks, Peter, for the quick response.

Unfortunately I have no experience with storyteller.

Edith

Monday 09 January, 2017
    0 likes

Hi Edith, 

You can also use a mailOut process, but then you have much less opertunities to create a fancy layout of the body. 

Regards, 

Peter

Monday 09 January, 2017